French (at least 12 year "old") gyro

Georgi

Aircraft
gyro " Ultralight Bandit"
Has anybody on Forum had a chance to see in person (or fly) this gyro? Looks solid ( with much discussed here "round" mast ).

Last edited:
Looks as though everything is in the right place. Like the look of his tail section, good position for counteracting power torque.

Seeing that semi transparent seat fuel tanks does unsettle me though. Must admit I have never felt the same about seat tanks after losing a friend in Kenya, Johny Cam who had an accident in his twin Dominator on the farm strip where my Uncle lives.

He and a friend Ivan Smith, were doing a low turn when doing their final landing. Blade strike, gyro impacted and seat burst covering Johny in fuel which then caught fire. He was unable to immediately open his seat belt, and Ivan got baby burned hands from trying to help him open it.

Other friends of mine were involved in cas-evacking him to Europe in a Learjet, but he died on the way back from his extensive burns.

Looks as though everything is in the right place. Like the look of his tail section, good position for counteracting power torque.

Seeing that semi transparent seat fuel tanks does unsettle me though. Must admit I have never felt the same about seat tanks after losing a friend in Kenya, Johny Cam who had an accident in his twin Dominator on the farm strip where my Uncle lives.

He and a friend Ivan Smith, were doing a low turn when doing their final landing. Blade strike, gyro impacted and seat burst covering Johny in fuel which then caught fire. He was unable to immediately open his seat belt, an Ivan got baby burned hands from trying to help him open it.

Other friends of mine were involved in cas-evacking him to Europe in a Learjet, but he died on the way back from his extensive burns.
I spent quite a bit of time with Johny when he visited us. He was a very cool dude. I learned quite a bit about Africa I didn't know from him. It was fun taking him to eat authentic Mexican food in Wimauma. Funny the restaurant has been used to entertain many people from all over the world when it town to buy Domunators and blades. The lady who owns it is Colombian.

I was very sad and upset when Dad told me of the crash. It was so preventable. We looked at
ways we could improve the design to prevent such a tragedy from happening again. It was a long time ago and I remember the things we came up with were small but affective but don't remember particulars. I don't believe he ever had any other customers suffer from the same thing.