Anyone Using a FlightLine Com/Intercom?

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
I've been looking for a combination com/intercom radio for the Bulldozer. Given that I lean toward the thrifty side (read "cheap as last month's bread"), I've been looking at the FlightLine FL-760 com/intercom. It has the features I want, seems reasonably priced, and the 2 1/4 round hole profile is thrifty with regard to space.

My question, for those who have had personal experience with the beastie, is, "Where's the gotcha?" Is it a pile of bovine feces? Or has the reality of modern electronics finally taken a stab and aviation for a change?

A second question for all, and in keeping with the afore-mentioned thrifty theme, "Has anyone seen a better current price than $599.99 for the unit?"

Thanks in advance for your replies!

You know it is 2 1/4 round X 6.3 in deep right?

HBlearn2fly said:
You know it is 2 1/4 round X 6.3 in deep right?

Yep. I have the full specifications for size and functionality.

Brent_Brown said:
Where did you fine it for that price? I'm looking for one too.

Gardner Aviation Pilot Shop at PDK in Atlanta. I have not verified the price or availability yet by direct contact.

Ben and Jeff,

Thanks...I'm thinking I'll try one. Nothing horrible so far. That bit about having to do a program change to beef up the noise reduction is interesting. I guess that is like ICOMS radios, the ANR is off by default.

Last edited:
I just ordered one from Gardner. They had a price increase to $629.00, but now include free shipping.