Tangogyro

Txgyropilot

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Aviomania G2sB Genesis Duo
Total Flight Time
170 Ultralight FW, 500 Gyro, 15 GA
I just purchased and completed the build on a new Tangogyro from tangogyro.com. Can the Admin on the forum add this company to the list of Gyroplanes?

Here is a link to my build photos.

The airworthiness certificate was issued yesterday and for its first flight with Jon Carleton as the test pilot, he pre rotated the machine to only 170 rpm (it has the ability to get up to 220 rpm), the nose came up within 200 feet and it was in the air at 3/4 throttle by the 400 ft mark with less than a 5 mph head wind. The 8.5 chord on the 28 foot extruded aluminum blades combined with the 135 hp fuel injected Yamaha Snowmobile engine make this phenomenal performing gyroplane! In fact, it is reported that Ron Menzie has been training a student in his Tangogyro in the 97 degree heat in Searcy, AR recently with a density altitude of over 4000 feet with no problems!!!! The performance of these machines can not be matched with other rotor blades or engine combinations!

Last edited:
Reactions: job
I Second that Tango Gyro should have a spot in the manufacturer section.

What this a kit ? for home built?

FRANK'S;n1133536 said:
I Second that Tango Gyro should have a spot in the manufacturer section.

What this a kit ? for home built?

Yes, it is an amateur built machine. Check out the website. And there is a build assist program in Roswell, Georgia. Please give me a call at 972-825-7928 for additional details. Alex just sold six machines from the February shipment and is heading to Russia to prepare the next shipment in a couple of weeks. If you want one, get your deposit in ASAP and you can request a specific color, engine, extended frame for tall pilots, instructor package, plus other options.

What about a kit I have shipped home and build it my self now that would be a kit.
I can't come and build it with you at the plant.

shootthrees;n1133537 said:
Yes, it is an amateur built machine. Check out the website. And there is a build assist program in Roswell, Georgia. Please give me a call at 972-825-7928 for additional details. Alex just sold six machines from the February shipment and is heading to Russia to prepare the next shipment in a couple of weeks. If you want one, get your deposit in ASAP and you can request a specific color, engine, extended frame for tall pilots, instructor package, plus other options.

You notice on the website, they do not list there gyro's as component parts in the parts area, their not going to want to deal with a home builder and all the hassles, that entails. Just my opinion.

FRANK'S;n1133539 said:
What about a kit I have shipped home and build it my self now that would be a kit.

I will ask Alex tomorrow about shipping to you.

That would be great tell him i'm In Canada

I´m from Spain. I´ve tried to get in touch with Paul as I´m very interested in getting one kit, but he doesn´t answer my emails.

coyotekyk;n1133546 said:
I´m from Spain. I´ve tried to get in touch with Paul as I´m very interested in getting one kit, but he doesn´t answer my emails.

shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will make sure he gets it!

FRANK'S;n1133539 said:

I spoke with Alex, he can ship to you!

shootthrees;n1133582 said:
I spoke with Alex, he can ship to you!

GREAT But I'm Sure He Has My Email but just incase I will pm you it.

I emailed Paul 's dad and primary owner Alex at tangogyro.com directly on behalf of both Mario and Belaire.

shootthrees;n1133533 said:
I just purchased and completed the build on a new Tangogyro from tangogyro.com. Can the Admin on the forum add this company to the list of Gyroplanes?

The airworthiness certificate was issued yesterday and for its first flight with Jon Carleton as the test pilot, he pre rotated the machine to only 170 rpm (it has the ability to get up to 220 rpm), the nose came up within 200 feet and it was in the air at 3/4 throttle by the 400 ft mark with less than a 5 mph head wind. The 8.5 chord on the 28 foot extruded aluminum blades combined with the 135 hp fuel injected Yamaha Snowmobile engine make this phenomenal performing gyroplane! In fact, it is reported that Ron Menzie has been training a student in his Tangogyro in the 97 degree heat in Searcy, AR recently with a density altitude of over 4000 feet with no problems!!!! The performance of these machines can not be matched with other rotor blades or engine combinations!

Tom I realize that you are happy with your performance and I am not trying to rain on your parade,but to say that my 230HP RAF with carbon fiber blades can't match your engine/rotor blade

combination probably is not true,I fly on a daily basis at or above 8,500 ft density altitude. The bottom line is this,you can't have too much HP,you will be happy that you have a lot

of throttle left to use if you have to. And congratulations on your build, that accomplishment will stay with you forever.

shootthrees;n1133533 said:

CONGRATS!!! Nice exhaust, Tom. (Inside joke)

BTW: I have built three gyros that easily out- perform the Tango YG3/YG3i, all in the same weight class of 500-600 Lbs dry wt.

Ron Awad built one too. I am sure there are others which I do not have personal knowledge of. But I am sorry, I don't want to rain on your parade.

And it is a BEEEEaUtiful parade! Love the color @0_0@!

See ya at the PeachState Rotorcraft Club fly-in this weekend, hope to enjoy the cookout again this year. Last year we had over 50 attendees, I expect the same again this year, as we have been hovering around that number every year for the past 5 years at least.

And again, thanks for the free Air Command nose pod.

Last edited:
NoWingsAttached;n1135269 said:
I wonder if this forum ever updates its list of manufacturers. I've been in business now 5 years with a website mall since 2013 and Tango has been around since 2015. Hello? Yoo-hoo.... It's like my 9th grade English teacher all over again, playing favorites and only giving out good grades to her pet pupils.

It appears to me the Rotary Wing Forum doesn't have a list of people who sell parts for gyroplanes.

Perhaps you are not listed on the manufactures list because you don't manufacture gyroplanes.

It appears to me your own website is still under construction and you have very little to sell.

Last edited:
Vance;n1135271 said:
It appears to me the Rotary Wing Forum doesn't have a list of people who sell parts for gyroplanes.

Perhaps you are not listed on the manufactures list because you don't manufacture gyroplanes.

It appears to me your own website is still under construction and you have very little to sell.

Tango Gyro has been building and selling gyros since 2015. Three years later no mention of them on RF mfg page.

MohawkAeroCraft.com was hacked along with all other sites on a certain server we all shared. My original domain now bounces to a new one, MohawkAero.com, which was just launched and needs work.