Was Ron Awad the pilot here?

Kevin_Richey

Staff member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=FLGLZHZggvMHHp6oj_M5vEZw&v=2ZLrs9gX73M

For anyone who likes Star Wars movies, it is amazing how this was filmed using models. It looks a lot like low-level aircraft flying. The youtube name is "CorridorDigital", and boy, are they talented!!!

(Now the link "took". Don't know why it wouldn't last night)

I mention Ron Awad (AKA: "Stick") because I think he could do all the flight maneuvers shown by the X-Wing fighter in this little movie. His boys (and especially John Rountree after his first gyro ride w/ Ron!) would probably agree.

Last edited:
Hi Bro!!!

Email me a link and I'll try.

The link works now.

Midway through the short (4:34) video, look for the Ron Awad "Death Spiral" manuever that the X-Wing fighter executes, as it is being chased by Tie fighters. One of the three Tie fighters is shaped differently than the other two, just like it was in Star Wars, where Darth Vader is the leader. This video has a surprise ending regarding that...!

Cute, funny, and you wouldn't know it wasn't made by someone else instead of by George Lucas' team. Something very safe for kids, as well as @ work!

Last edited:
That was so cool!!! Your right about his skill and my FIRST ride in a gyro where all my friends from here told him to scare the Crap out of me.

Best ride I ever had and I was hooked from that time on. Never had that much fun as a passenger in anything not just aircraft.

Its amazing just how technology has changed things.

A couple guys with a couple of drones, a pc and video software is now capable of doing what was a hugely expensive and painstakingly slow process involving many many people in 1979.

This is a both a good and bad thing. It means that anyone can make a movie as there is little in terms of barrier of entry (cameras, special effects, editing software etc are now very cheap) so that just about anyone can do it.

On the flip side it will only reward those that are the most creative and the best story tellers the downside is that you may never get to see it as you will be inundated with 1000s of movies that are just crap.

We are going to need a bot that can watch movies and grade them so we only see the better ones. I am sure someone will create a algorithm for that one day. I know youtube has a bot that watches its posts and flags them as suitable for children.

Thanks guys. Im humbled!

I have a friend who is into the drone racing thing. He wants me to get one and get into the " sport " as well. It looks like it would be alot of fun.