Hello from Central Europe

Brünner

Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster. Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a fixed-wing guy based in beer country (no, that's not Germany) with a strong interest in the Hornet.

I seem to remember, the Hornet had some design problems.
I plan on a Gyrobee - and need only a place to build it...

On the other hand, I now have my MTO Sport. So maybe I should just sell the parts.

Edit: You could ask member "Resasi" - he built a Hornet with his son.
And Doug Riley used to fly a Gyrobee.

Last edited:
Yes, since all the kits are outside of my budget for now. In fact I wanted to ask how many - if any - are flying.
Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum.
I know of very few Hornets that are flying.
The Gyrobee appears to me to be more popular.
Good luck with your gyroplane adventure and please get training before you fly any gyroplane.

Thanks for the suggestions, if the Gyrobee is better than the Hornet I will switch to that.
The Gyrobee appears to me to be more popular.
With a scratch built gyroplane so much is up to the builder so better is not a word I would use.
Few I have seen are actually built to plans.
Most people want to contribute something to the design/build.

Is not the original GyroTechnic gyroplane built by Denis Shoemaker using Hornet plans from Don Shoebridge? Different tail though.
Except it now is in kit form!

Is not the original GyroTechnic gyroplane built by Denis Shoemaker using Hornet plans from Don Shoebridge? Different tail though.
Except it now is in kit form!
The GyroTechnic kit is very appealing to me, sadly still expensive. I could order subkits but being located in EU the S&H would be significant and add up.