carb kits

Gyro jeff

ouch received basic rebuild kits for bing 54 carbs today almost 140 dollars and think need new main wheels and maybe bigger for grass field and rotor rpm gauge and the list goes on sometimes What seems like good deal maybe not. but I own three boats so used to bust out another thousand

You do not have to spend a lot on a rotor tach. This is from a previous posting from the old forum.

Date: September 30, 1999 08:27 AM
Author: Mike Schulman ([email protected])
Subject: $15 (or less) Rotor Tach

I've had several people ask me about this so I decided to post it. This rotor tach is cheap, dependable and accurate. There are several places that you can get this tach. I got mine at Wal-Mart but you can also get it at Target, K-Mart and a lot of bicycle shops. It is the 5 function Cyclocomputer made by ACE Model # 810-230. It is sold under various brands but it is always identified by the Model #. It is powered by a small battery (with auto on-off) The directions are very simple and easy to set. It comes with about 6' of cable and you will need to splice in a longer section - I have lengthened my cable to 10 ' and it still works. You mount the magnet to the prerotator ring or to the rotor head, and then you mount the pickup where the magnet will pass within 1/4" of it. Read the instruction for setting the cyclometer and set it for metric "L" with the number 1667. (If you prefer to use two magnets, space them 180 deg apart and set it with the number 833). Mount the digital readout where it is convenient --and there you have it!! The read out will show a decimal point right before the last digit-just disregard it. The unit is accurate to within five (5) RPM. (BTW this is not my idea Tom Sled told me about it!!)

Mike