Total weight capabilities of a gyroplane Questions

FRANK'S

Super Supporter
Aircraft
1975 Bensen B8-M A65 Continental
Total Flight Time
Hello all
I would need your feedback on a few things in my head.
My Bensen B8M has a max pilot weight of 264 lbs { I'm 250 lbs so few lbs to spare }
that's with full fuel ready to fly.

Now what is the most important factor for Gyroplane total weight capabilities, rotors and rotor Head system or engine power?
I have the dual mass Bensen B8M if that makes a difference.

I want to replace my engine on my gyro to a Yamaha RX-1 or Apex that engine is 3 times more powerful and is 14 lbs lighter.

and along the time I want to change my rotors and rotor head to the tango gyro kits but not right away.

thanks for your time.

I Hurt My Shoulder on the Continental A65 and don't want anything to do with it anymore.

FRANK'S;n1133085 said:
Hello all
I would need your feedback on a few things in my head.
My Bensen B8M has a max pilot weight of 264 lbs { I'm 250 lbs so few lbs to spare }
that's with full fuel ready to fly.

Now what is the most important factor for Gyroplane total weight capabilities, rotors and rotor Head system or engine power?
I have the dual mass Bensen B8M if that makes a difference.

I want to replace my engine on my gyro to a Yamaha RX-1 or Apex that engine is 3 times more powerful and is 14 lbs lighter.

and along the time I want to change my rotors and rotor head to the tango gyro kits but not right away.

thanks for your time.

I Hurt My Shoulder on the Continental A65 and don't want anything to do with it anymore.

It is all important Frank and there will be pain no matter what you do to fly a gyroplane.

For more weight you need a bigger disk (longer blades or a longer hub bar).

For longer, heavier blades you may want a dual bearing rotor head.

More weight needs more horsepower.

More weight and horsepower may require a stronger frame.

More horsepower will likely need a larger horizontal stabilizer and rudder.

It is important to consider the horsepower at the engine rpm you will be running. Few people run an engine in a gyroplane at redline or even at the rpm for peak horsepower.

Good luck on your project Frank.

If it's not sold on monday. I'm going to start working on it in 1 or 2 weeks after I have caught up in my house work.

#1 First I will yank that continental A65 out it's a great engine but not for me.
#2Then a Yamaha apex setup.
#3 New Tango Gyro appendage
#4 finish my Gyro training ( lose some weight )
#5 a new tango gyro rotor head and rotors
#6 extra fuel tanks
#7 Fly it to Gyro airshows all over northern USA

if it's sold I already know what i'm going to do. there is a Gyro on this forum that makes my fancy and I love the setup.
and I will buy it it looks like a very well build with a different engine setup witch I like. and yes it's a yamaha