How many RWF Pilots does it take to change a spark plug?

dunc

Aircraft
AR-1C 915is, RAF/SH/SC
Total Flight Time
How many RWF Pilots does it take to change a spark plug?

- 1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.
- 14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.
- 7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.
- 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.
- 15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.
- 2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.
- 27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.
- 16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
- 2 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.
- 12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.
- 4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.
- 16 to post "F".
- 44 to ask what is a "F"?
- 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
- 3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".
- 1 lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

Stolen from Kevin Larks.

I love the people on the Rotary Wing Forum and have learned a lot here.

I am always amazed at how willing to help people on the forum are.

I lean even when they are wrong.

Yeah. This entry about spark plugs got my attention to the point I was trying to find the spark plugs on my Allison turbine engine. I wonder if some of the other JetExec folks found this information as useful???

Dunc, you hit the nail on the head, that just about covers everyone on the RWF, except "me" of course :yo:

This is supposed to be a forum on gyroplanes NOT a forum on forum postings. Please take this post to an appropriate forum. And by the way dunc is not even a full name and most people capitalize the first letter on their names so please check your spelling and capitalization before you post here again.,,,,

By the way... you made my day.

All forums have there specific dynamics, this one is no exception,I joined six years ago to gain knowledge about gyros in general and the RAF that I had just purchased.

the amount of good quality information available on this forum is staggering.

Eddie, I have a newly completed Sparrowhawk 2.5 liter. I have seen that your turbo has been successful. I fly out of 6k ft. Would you mind sharing your turbo information details with me? Thanks so much Stephen Haggerty Cedar City, Utah [email protected]

It only takes ONE RWF member to change the spark plug. He lines it up and the world rotates around him

Fare I don't really know,but there is a know it all that on this very forum that will tell you that's the wrong way, especially if thats the way its done in Europe.

Regards,Eddie