Rotax 912 circuitry

Sv.grainne

Aircraft
Aviomania, G1sB Genesis
The Rotax 912 wiring harness provides a warning and a caution indicator circuit. Where can I locate an explanation of engine events which will trigger these circuits.

Bobby

I tried the Manuals before asking, could not find anything. Will call Florida tomorrow.

My EMS will monitor things and also provides for a visual alarm circuit which I am going to use but was interested especially in the engine warning circuit.

Thanks, Bobby

You could try the instalation manual, but I don't think there is any warning circuit on a 912. The only one that I can think of is the regulator charge (warning) light.

wolfy

Thanks, going to check tomorrow just to make sure. Think the Rotax sensors are configured to report to an EMS and then the EMS has to display alerts.

On Rotax 912UL and ULS there is a sum total of one warning light and that is hooked up to show if the Ducati rectifier is charging or not. That's it. There is no other lamp or warning light. Rotax 914UL has in addition TCU Caution and TCU Warning lamps coming back from the Turbo Control Unit

Last edited:
Thanks Fara, the diagram that I was looking at was for the 914... No wonder I could not find it on the drawing for the 912!.

Bobby

Last edited: