Brock KB2 Gyro Airframe Plans For Sale

Michael Stump

Greetings, this is Michael J. Stump. I am offering the following Brock KB2 Gyroplane Airframe Construction Plans for sale:

Condition: Excellent/New
Serial Number: N/A
Greasy Fingerprints: None
Typical New Price: $135
Buy-it-Now Price today (via this site): $95 + Shipping

Description: This is an as-new and complete set of 22”x 34” gyroplane airframe construction plans for the classic Brock KB2 single-place gyroplane airframe in excellent condition. These plans are as supplied by Ken Brock Manufacturing and are for Brocks’ version of the classic Bensen Gyrocopter airframe (essentially identical).

The 13-sheet, professionally-drawn plans-set includes complete materials and hardware specifications information. It is fully-dimensioned and includes not only the individual and complete parts drawings but also the subassembly and assembly drawings.

Information is included for the complete airframe, boom assembly, rudder pedals assembly, wheels assembly and rudder assembly. These plans do also include basic McCulloch and VW engine mount information, as well as one sheet showing proper assembly of the Brock 22’ rotor blades to the Brock rotor hub bar.

The information not included in these plans would be for the construction of the rotor head and blades, the stick linkage (however the stick itself is dimensioned), and the throttle, as these are items Brock recommends you purchase from their factory. Of course, a variety of off-the-shelf rotor systems and rotor heads can be used in this design, and fabrication of your own throttle and stick linkages is possible if you prefer not to use the Brock factory components. Like all other classic gyroplane designs, this design can be modified for drop-keel/centerline-thrust and/or tall-tail configurations and other engine installations if desired, such as Rotax and Subaru.

Reason for Selling: These plans were purchased by a reputable Experimental/Ultralight aircraft maintenance, Rotax engine overhaul and gyroplane flight instruction facility and were going to be used to produce modern single-place gyroplanes based on the classic Bensen/Brock-style airframe. This facility has since ceased its business operations and is liquidating its assets.

Exact shipping costs will be calculated at time of sale and will not be raised above normal UPS rates for this size and weight of item. This item will be shipped Insured UPS Ground only in a cardboard plans shipping tube and strictly within the U.S.A. Personal checks will be accepted but must clear bank before shipping. Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders also accepted.

If you are interested in owning these plans, there are two opportunities for you to acquire them:

You can buy them immediately, directly and on a “FCFS”-basis by sending me an email expressing your interest. I can be reached at [email protected]. Please send your email directly via your email program and not through the private message system here at the Forum. Feel free to ask any additional questions about the plans you may have. I will also send you (via email) some digital pictures of a few pages of the plans for your examination upon request.

The other option is via eBay auction at www.ebay.com. This items’ auction will begin in approximately 2-4 weeks if the item does not sell via this Rotary Wing Forum in the meantime. The minimum bid and Buy-it-Now prices at eBay auction will be set notably higher than the amount Forum users will pay for this item.

Users of this Forum are offered the lowest prices and will save over eBay by using the direct method (contacting me by email). If the item sells directly via email before the eBay auction is initialized, the auction will be withheld and the item sold direct. This is the lowest-cost approach to owning this item. Total savings over the original plans cost is $30.00 or approximately 24%.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon. I also hope you are all doing well and are having many safe and enjoyable experiences in the gyroplane world. Best regards, Michael J. Stump.