Never knew there were Bensen’s or Bensen clones behind the iron curtain.

MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
While watching the video about the world’s largest helicopter. I spied these sitting next to it in one of the shots. If you closely there is one with blades and one without.1686547566202.png

That's at Le Bourget, Paris in France ( not Texas nor behind the curtain ).

"H-833" is the Paris show code.

nice photo here

• Haha
Reactions: PJB
I was wondering that. At that point in the video it was insulated that this picture was taken during the second set of test flights. A few minutes later it mentions that it flew into the Paris Airshow. This led me to believe that the picture was taken in the USSR. I stand corrected. Still a cool picture.

A huge number of rotary wing aircraft and especially autogyros have been built behind the iron curtain, some of them with ingenious details and improvements, many of them real labours of love. Leonid Kosyartchuk, a Ukrainian gyro enthusiast, had completed a book in English about these aircraft shortly before the beginning of the RuZZian invasion. I had ordered my copy after the start of the war so I think you should have no problems receiving one now. You find the details here

https://www.rotaryforum.com/threads/the-incomplete-rotorcraft-catalogue.1146636/

Leonid has another three books on the topic in Russian with loads of photographs and drawings, so even if you don't speak the language you still have one treasure trove of information. Best of all: if you order one you support at the same time the audacious fight for the freedom of Ukraine against Putin's murderous hordes.

PS: I found the money transfer via the MoneyGram system very reliable and convenient.

Last edited: