Fuel Pressure Gauge

dunc

Aircraft
AR-1C 915is, RAF/SH/SC
Total Flight Time
Beside the FAR 23.1305 pump-fed engine fuel pressure gauge requirement, I really want to know fuel pressure on my Subaru 2.5 FI engine. One was not installed on the used RAF that I purchased, and I have no idea what pressures are encountered. I also plan to turbocharge this engine later which will affect this as it is an open deck system. Anybody provide some guidelines? I will likely use an electric system as I don't like the idea of even a capillary tube carrying fuel into the cockpit. Suggestions?

I don't think Expermental aircraft are required to have a pressure gauge,however I do and it is mounted on the engine where the fuel line connects to

the injector line its a small inline gauge bought from JEGS.I see no reason to have it mounted in the panel its something else to

monitor.If the engine quits trust me there won't be time to scan the panel anyway. At idle the pressure is around 30-35 psi.

The silence will get my attention you say? :sad: Thanks Eddie. Most importantly, what is your fuel pressure reading at wide open throttle? Do you know if the return fuel line runs at nearly the same pressure?

I am using a few JEGS items in my fuel system overhaul. Their sticky logo is now on my toolbox! I will be using aluminum tubing with AN6 flare fittings on static portions attached to airframe. Original system used standard (carburetor/50 PSI) rated rubber lines with lots of corroded hose barbs and clamps. Will post pictures once completed. I have added 20 amp integrated circuit breakers switches for both pumps, and upgraded the master switch to 50 amp breaker with corresponding wire size increases. The entire control panel wiring is a rats nest mess IMHO, however I am deferring further cleanup there until I decide about this gyro's future with me. Acquiring lots of new tools though.

My SC rotor is still yet to be shipped :noidea: so I have had plenty of time for upgrading other systems properly. Sadly I only can find a couple hours per week for actual wrenching, and spend a lot of time researching online.

Stay warm.

I really don't know the wide open fuel pressure,I am using the stock Subaru pressure regulator,so what ever it says in the service

manuel is what it is. I believe it is about 50 lbs and yes my wiring behind the panel is also a rats nest,good to hear about the 20 amp circuit breakers.