Wrens, ga flyin in october

Wrens, ga flyin in october

• Count me and my gyro in....

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Count me in........( No gyro)...

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Count me and my gyro in but not flying.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Want to butt............................can not make it......

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Going to need a spot to hookup water and elect.

• Going to need a spot to hookup elect.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Coming in Thursday thru Sunday

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coming in Thursday thru Saturday

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Coming in Saturday

• Be there when I get there ok...........

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Dirtydog

Best seat in the house!
Aircraft
Dogbee / Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
18 duel/ 55 hrs in the Dogbee
Hey everyone

I want to ask now so I could get a feel for what, when and where. I hate the fact that I had to whole :lol:O.B. Brown:lol: fiyin to myself so I wanted to ask now who would be there and what the dates are I looked on the http://www.pra13.org/Pages/upcoming_events.htm and can't find anything about it. I know it is 3 months away but I wanted to look at vacation time. Also I didn't want to win the :first:500.00 bucks again for being the first one there. Not to mention the door prizes.

Update : 6-21-2011
Friday-Saturday, October 7 - 8: E.A.A. 172 Wrens Fall Fly-in. At the beautiful Wrens Municipal Airport (65J) CTAF 122.7. Early Bird Day Thursday, October 6th but come even earlier if you wish. Most activities will be on Friday and Saturday with the main activities on Saturday.

Last edited:
Ron now you know that you have to make Wrens................

Friday-Saturday, October 7 - 8: EAA 172 Wrens Fall Fly-in. At the beautiful Wrens Municipal Airport (65J) CTAF 122.7. Early Bird Day Thursday, October 6th but come even earlier if you wish. Most activities will be on Friday and Saturday with the main activities on Saturday. Delicious barbecue hot dogs and hamburgers available on the field all day Saturday. Packing-up day on Sunday. Pattern for the asphalt, main, runway, is left-hand pattern for runway 29 and right-hand for runway 11 at 1450' MSL (1000 ft AGL) unless flying an ultralight or rotorcraft which should use 950' MSL (500' AGL). The parallel grass strip will have a right-hand pattern. CTAF/UNICOM 122.7 mhz. Runway lights on from dusk to dawn. Field elevation 450 feet.
GPS: N33° 13.36' W82° 23.02'.

Last edited:
Well it is not looking to good for Wrens next month.
Only 4 people with gyro's?

Barry are you going to make it? I know Ron said he will be out of town.

Hope you are feeling better Ron!

I thought it was going to be either at the end of October or early November? I guess not :(

Can't make it this year.....somebody just jacked my gyro trailer Tuesday night.

Kids!

Barry (trailer less) K

Wow! That time of year already? Where did the time go?

Scott,

Indeed, this year is flying by. I'll be at Wrens..don't know what my schedule is yet, but I'll be there on the weekend at least. I'll probably be in the Bonanza again, seeing how the Bulldozer seems to be allergic to major fly-ins, or so its record has been to date. Billy may bring GyRonimo down if the stars and planets align.

ultracruiser41 said:
Can't make it this year.....somebody just jacked my gyro trailer Tuesday night.

That sounds like an extreme gyro cross-country opportunity to me!

ultracruiser41 : Ron is not going to make it you could used his im sure....

Is anybody gonna be there that can fly a passenger?

I have 3 people that are planning on coming Sat. to check it out. They're looking to get into gyro's and wanna test the water.

My funds get depleted this time of year, so I don't think I will make it. probably just save my funds to go to Bensen days again next year.

I was hopeing to get some chapter 13 members to do a display at this weeks airshow in winston,but once again ,that was a waste of time. I was going to take the Commuter H-1B and put on display and promote chapter 13. but after talking to Robert , it just took the wind out of my sails to even try and promote the Chapter.

Sadly once again Chapter 13 has let me down again.
this is the third time I have tried to get some Gyros to be displayed at this airshow.

wsairshow.com

below was the reply from the airshow promoters. PRA-13 can not even make it to a local airshow, sure don't see how they expect to hold a big fly-in
good luck, but I am done with this chapter.

Timothy -

We'd be glad to have your helicopter included in the civilian static
display area. A gyrocopter would also be welcome. I'm attaching a
static display invitation and form, which has the basic information
for displaying aircraft. Please complete it and return it to me as
soon as possible. If you have questions, give me a call at 253-5473.

Thanks,

Dave Morse
Winston-Salem Air Show

I would like to know who is coming or if any one is coming with a gyro also. :noidea: I went to the Brown flyin and was the only gyro that showed up that weekend:confused: . I would have thought others would have showed up.
Robert are you coming down with your 2 place?

I have a trip planned for that weekend.... Dirt bike trip to west virgina.

My leg is still healing, not sure if I will be able to go dirtbike riding then. If I decide to skip the dirtbike trip then I will go to Wrens.

My problem is simply I just don't have the desire to spend so much time and effort with the gyro.... taking it apart and putting it back together, trailering, etc.... for a small event.

At this point I am a big maybe.... maybe since it is likely no one else with a two place will be there, i might go so folks can get a ride. Or maybe since it is alot easier, I might just fly my Titan there. Or maybe I don't go cause I already had plans to be in west virgina.

Sorry. wish I could be more spunky about it. Honestly, the last few years, " local " participation has been low. Less than half the local gyro people even show up, and less than half of those bring a aircraft. It's not like it used to be......

Tim, did you bring your helicopter to the airshow? If not, then why cry about Chapter 13? Just cause there is a local airshow you want to go to, does not mean it is chapter 13's duty to also attend.

Tim, did you bring your helicopter to the airshow? If not, then why cry about Chapter 13? Just cause there is a local airshow you want to go to, does not mean it is chapter 13's duty to also attend.
Ron I have been waiting for a Call back from Dave about insurance, they require the aircraft to be insured. since I am going to trailer it in I may be able to get around that, if so, then yes I plan to take my Helicopter to be displayed.

I made Mentone with it ok, so just a Trip to winston is not a problem.

only thing that will stop me will be the Insurance issue. going to call Dave back shortly.

I saw somewhere you mentioned trouble getting your Gyro in and out of the hanger to go fly with your bad leg, Cindi said if you give her a ride she will be glad to help you with the Gyro at Goose Creek.

let me know if you need her help.

as for crying about chapter 13, well at this point they are never going to grow if they don't get out and show the public what Gyros are about, this airshow will have thousands of people there.
But I can not and will not promote a chapter that does not seem to care about being active.

your own words. Sorry. wish I could be more spunky about it. Honestly, the last few years, " local " participation has been low. Less than half the local gyro people even show up, and less than half of those bring a aircraft. It's not like it used to be......

sadly I have felt this way about chapter 13 for several years now.

I wish it was better, I wish we had more local members and had some local meets. even ROC/Wrens is not even in our own state.
and the time of year they have it is just not good.

Last edited:
The trailer was wide due to how wide the gear is on my gyro...Ron's trailer isn't wide enough. It took me forever to find one with the help of Scooter Pie Waggoner.

Well Timmy.....I for sure didn't know anything about a airshow in Winston Salem....maybe because some of us don't have time to just look for things to do....some of us are busy working...providing for our families...taking care of important stuff and not spending hours on the computer.

You have a real issue about bitching about things and it's getting old...I have listened to it from the sidelines for years and kept quiet to give you the benefit of the doubt....but dang......can only bite my tounge for so long. Why was I never contacted about the show? And for your information.....I promote the chapter and gyro flying almost every weekend when I fly to fly- ins, lunches, breakfasts' and meeting people at GooseCreek from all over the area who are interested in learning about gyros.

What about the people who continuously talk about wanting to fly.....are offered help on many occasions.....never actually complete a project...then sells it off for another one so the cycle can start all over again? How does that promote the actual flying part of the sport? It would be nice if you would finish something...anything and join us flying at some of our get togethers.....we'd love to have you!

Relax.......enjoy your building......but stop knocking things you don't know about or things that really don't concern you.

I do apologize to everyone that is offended by my grumpy attitude of this post.....as many of you know......I'm usually a sweetheart!

Barry (must be PMS) K

Last edited:
Fine Barry, I have been in and out of Chapter 13 since the days of ROC at Barnwell s.c.,this was before you and Ron where even in the Chapter, I swore I would never rejoin as it was so badly run. I thought when you became pres. it would get better. sadly it has not.

every day of my life I am promoting PRA and Gyros and sport Helicopters and trying to make the sport grow. but even Ron is just said what I have been feeling for years now.

Sorry. wish I could be more spunky about it. Honestly, the last few years, " local " participation has been low. Less than half the local gyro people even show up, and less than half of those bring a aircraft. It's not like it used to be......

So it is not just me that feels this way,I am just the one that puts it out there, that for this Chapter to grow and get active, thing are going to have to change.
why is ROC/Wren in GA. now? I will tell you why...Chapter 13 has been run off from all the other airports the event was held at.

facts are facts and it is what it is.

I have been wishing since the mid and late 90's that things would improve. I wish like heck that Chapter 13 was active like sun state and some of the other chapters.

I am bitching because,the Chapter does not care to grow, as long as I have been in chapter 13,I have seen the same thing, most are like we have our gyros and we don't really care if the chapter grows or not. I have been active in Gyros and Helicopters since 1982 I use to go to the mtn. city Gyro fly-in every year when my good Friend Leroy Hardee sponsored the Fly-in, before he got killed.

but since you are relatively new to Gyros. you would not know how active I have been.

I have known people like Steve, and Ed alderfer and LeRoy Hardee before you knew what a Gyro was. heck It was years before I even knew what chapter 13 was,because even back in the old days this chapter was just not well promoted.

but oh well, I guess a guy is supposed to act like everything in just fine and not try and get more members.

yeah I guess you are right, my member ship has probably run out, guess I should not even care if this chapter ever grows or not.

Sad, really Sad, North Carolina was the Home of the Bensen Factory.... yet the few in the Chapter only care about them selfs and could careless about pursuing the opportunity to promote the sport and try and make the chapter grow.
instead you would rather talk down to me and tell me that it does not concern me.

you know what? you are so right,it does not make one differance, fact remains I can still build and promote the sport just as well with out Chapter 13.

it has been made clear that I am not welcome anyway.
Good luck I will just sit back and watch the chapter die off.

I mean I am sorry, but when the best Gyro Pilot in the area is losing enterest due to lack of activity, that should be your sign right there. instead of me having to put it all out in the open.
good luck, this is my last reply to this matter.