• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrantR

Aircraft
Kolb MarkIII and a "Jake" Gyroplane
Total Flight Time
About 85 fixed wing 3 gyro
I setup a poll to get some info on the who, what and whens of Wrens:yo:

I plan to tow my gyro to Wrens Thursday evening after work and leave Sunday morning as long as the weather forecast is good. If there is a hurricane I will not come. My wife and I will probably tent camp if the weather is cooler.

Last edited:
I'm actually coming Wednesday at the lastest as long as I have someone to fly with. I'll come even earlier if needed to help with anything. I normally take the whole week off for ROC/Wrens but its being downsized a little this year similar to how it was at the Goose last year. So we'll have to wait to see if it has an adverse effect on the number of early birds in campers, RV's and coaches. I sure hope not because I want people to fly with. The more people there or the more need for help setting up to accomodate more people, then I'll show up earlier. I can be there the Sunday before if necessary to help run wiring and stuff. I don't want it to be smaller just because there is lack of help.

I've got my powered spot so :lalala:

Edit: Oh.. and where is the option for "I'm bringing my wife and kids and 2 dumb loveable black lab mutts."

Last edited:
That option was too long to input! :typing:

I would not bring the labs. They might chew up your seat covers, tires and anything else they can get their mouths on.:censored:

Will your gyro have a flat tire this year? LOL:lol: I have had 2 since July. Rim was wearing the tire tube on the inside.:rant:

Dang you must get a lot of leave time!

Dang you must get a lot of leave time!

Nope... wife is just good enough to let me use 2 of my 3 weeks a year for gyro adventures! Don't tell her I said that though. When she gets too many complements she gets the big head.

:peace:

Oh.. and for those who are un-sure or confused about it... ROC is the Wrens Fall Fly-in and vice-versa. Their one and the same again this year.

I really-really-really hope to take the "reborn" Bulldozer to Wrens. It's going to be close. There is a lot still left to do.

might want to remind folks of the dates...i know i forgot.

Wow really snuck up on me. Let me see what I can put together.

Brought BLue Bee home, in the driveway since Wed for a 25 hr tear-down inspection, rewire thru the keel tube, new tires, Razor tail wheel conversion, brakes, control cable prop guard & pulleys, rotor tach. Gotta get a prop spinner from Bear...

Gettin ready.

Last edited:
Well put Robert!

Chris is coming.......there goes the neighborhood!

I am getting a room, if anyone wants to share I'll get a double instead of a king. PM me

How about all our brothers in Florida?

Anyone from the sunshine state coming up to visit us?

Did I mention that Chris Wilson is coming?

Barry I will be there representing FL. (not really a huge representation though) So if anyone needs a ride...... well ya know how to pm me right?

It does not look like I will be able to attend, I have a family commitment that weekend.
I'll miss all you slackers. :(

I'm In, bringing the gyro, camping and will need power.

Also bringing the better half and one of her friends. Hopefully there will be some 2 seaters so they can get a ride.

Is anyone bringing a 2 seater that could ride em' for me? I'll get the gas.

Well Scott.......:sorry: that's 2 in a row. Tell your family they need to plan better. :D

Should be several 2 seaters and a few CFI's too!

It's gonna be fun!

I know, But this year has been busy with Family stuff, Travel $$$ no one is getting younger, and everyone is spread out across the country.
Y'all just have to have fun without me, I know it will be hard to do, but don't cry, buck up and have a good time! :)