who makes or did make this gyro????

I first met Bob Farmer at the Brooksville FL airport where he was the first person that I saw actually fly a gyro in the 1960s. As I recall, he was a proficient gyro pilot while the rest of us were just thumping down the runway.
Bob and his partner had a gyro design called the Youmercopter: Youmer a combination of Farmer and Young.

Last edited:
Hello C. Beaty, I can't tell you how much you made me smile tonight when I came across these threads of you talking about my dad
Bob Farmer. Where did you meet him , if I may ask ty
Pamela Farmer
Yes, that's correct. I was 6 years old then.
Are you still in touch with him?

Anything that got off the ground I believe he could fly lol
This picture was taken of my dad And my husband 05/06... I lost my husband in 09 and was always so grateful he got the chance to meet my dad. I'd not seen dad in 35 years. That plane was of dads designs he was building.007CF452-156F-427B-A23C-E134C2368491.jpg

Pamela, I was not well acquainted with your father, Bob Farmer; our meeting was very brief.
I marveled at his proficiency flying a gyro, the Younercopter, during a short display at the Brooksville, Fla airport while all the rest of us were just thumping down the runway. That would have been in the mid to late 1960s.