What engine DO YOU FLY over hostile terrain?

Rotax 912........ not HKS or Subby or any thing else. You want reliable engine you get a bone stock 80 hp 912. If you airframe could handle the weight you could get a Lycoming 0-320.

There are plenty of people out there with every kind of engine known to man that has 3000+ hours with just a oil change and new plugs and never skipped a beat, but from my experience, the 912 is the most reliable power on the market for the weight.

Yes a 503 two stroke if operated and maintained properly is also very reliable, but if I were setting off on a flight over something I absolutely would not want to have to land on, I would feel much more comfortable in front of a 912.

Hi John

I will agree with Ron to a point but one of the pilots here has a HKS 7000E 65 horse. It is relatively new here in the us but it is the Japanese answer to the 912. It does seem to be reliable but still in the test phase on the aircraft around here. I like the look of it but I have a preference for 4 vs 2 cylinders. Makes sense to me.

Some info on Native North Americans http://www.artnatam.com/tribes.html
Heron

Hello Heron,

I feel that what the US government calls Native Americans has little to do with anything related to culture or history of the indigenous people of the North American continent.

Thank you, Vance

Hello Heron,

I feel that what the US government calls Native Americans has little to do with anything related to culture or history of the indigenous people of the North American continent.

Thank you, Vance

Gosh this document is pretty stupid, but thanks for the link. You may or may not be aware of the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian. http://www.nmai.si.edu/

They rotate the headliner tribe exhibits every few months. According to this previous document, Mohawk (which is not the same as Mohican, but they were closely associated by shared hunting grounds along the St. Lawrence, on both sides of the river, and women of course), doesn't exist, never did.

NMAI recognizes it as a legitimate tribe, and I made a point of visiting the museum on the mall across from the House of Congress when it was time for the Mohawk displays. There was a photo of a magnificent, dark-haired, Mohawk beauty on the US Olympic swim team at the time. Rrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry Vance and guys . . .
I should have read more but my frown was enough to not post it . . .but it serves for something.
I guess the American Govt should hear what the American people have to say about it.
WE have a huge number of native nations down here, some I think, I similar to the north american natives.
Heron

ODBC Port is the socket you stick the plug for your computer diagnnostics.
On most cars, its under the drivers side dash.
If you geta check engine light, that's what your mechanic checks.