return line

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
I have a 14 gallon seat tank and it has two holes in the bottom to attach the fuel lines. I want to use one for pickup and the other for the fuel injection return line. Will this work or is the tank pressure to high with full fuel?

Last edited:
Brent, it won't be a problem unless they are really close together, then the returning gas will be a lot warmer from the pump and from circulating thru the regulator on the engine(if its a subaru)also some aeration. The pressure won't be a problem.
Carey

Just my experience with vehicles, it always falls back in the tank as high as possible. Yes it might increase the fuel pressure on the injectors and the pump might work harder. Best to place a tpiece inline after the pump,to a pressure gauge, or somewhere of the fuel rail and see the difference in pressure, if the return line flows freely into the top or where you suggest. hope that helps. Where are you mounting the main fuel pump? Inside the tank?

Not sure about the sparrowhawk setup. But the pump armature is always submersed in fuel. So no air is present to cause explosions. We had an apprentice run one on the bench with some fuel still present, the armature created a spark and it blew up. Don't know if this has been mentioned before, thought i'de just add it for safety sake. It's always a scary concept if a vehicle uses duel fuel and its been running on lpg for a long time and the fuel level is way low and the pump is wired to keep running.

I have a 14 gallon seat tank and it has two holes in the bottom to attach the fuel lines. I want to use one for pickup and the other for the fuel injection return line. Will this work or is the tank pressure to high with full fuel?

Probably you can extend the return line with a piece of pipe,inside of the tank, from the bottom hole to the top, better for the system healt.

JC

Huh ?

Huh ?

What was that off of ? Most pumps I have parted on the bench have had no such spark issue. They are all sealed.

Not sure about the sparrowhawk setup. But the pump armature is always submersed in fuel. So no air is present to cause explosions. We had an apprentice run one on the bench with some fuel still present, the armature created a spark and it blew up. Don't know if this has been mentioned before, thought i'de just add it for safety sake. It's always a scary concept if a vehicle uses duel fuel and its been running on lpg for a long time and the fuel level is way low and the pump is wired to keep running.