New Ammo Laws

Trez, Is yours the Ranch Rifle? Accurate? Looks like there are some 3rd party barrels.

Larry,
All three of mine are .223. I'm not familiar enough with the .30 cal. to know of its accuracy, but the .223 has been very accurate at 100 yds., exceeding my expectations of a carbine-style weapon. Maybe I don't expect as much as others from a rifle but the Mini14 has it all, at least for me. I particularly like it's utility. Easy to carry, shoulder, and fire. Little kick, light weight, and (I swear) I think you could pack the action with mud and it would still fire. Yes, I am in love.........
Best of luck......
Trez

Hey Trez,
I agree with you on the Ruger. I bought a stainless steel mini-14, and a .357 Defender revolver in stainless when I was cruising in my boat. I had so much fun plinking/blasting with it that I bought one to keep at the house also. Ammo is reasonable, and will be available forever. The only negative is that they are LOUD. That little .223 packs a punch.

The mini-14 is all that you say but...

The mini-14 is all that you say but...

accurate might be a relative term. Any AR from a top tier company will shoot much tighter groups any day of the week. If you wish to improve the accuracy of the mini you need some gasket material and a hone to free float the barrel from the barrel band. Also the magazines aren't as plentiful as ar mags which may not be an issue for the 5.56 version but certainly would be for the 7.62 version as the aftermarket ones rarely work reliably.
Ben S

Hot damn... those would sell like hot cakes in South Africa, car jacking is real bad down there.

Truthfully I thought I'd never buy another Taurus, but I like that idea. 410 shells are pretty lethal for the size. Of course I'm only shooting at game birds.

Truthfully I thought I'd never buy another Taurus, but I like that idea. 410 shells are pretty lethal for the size. Of course I'm only shooting at game birds.
Yep, that's the ticket!
Now if you have a really mean streak, hand load the 410 shells by dumping the shot and replace with a bundle of clipped-to-length brass welding rods. It's call the "Junk Yard Dog" for good reason!

That sounds pretty painful. Tear someone up pretty good

We had 12 guage shells filled with a mixture of rock salt and Chili powder. First barrel was that, second was SSG. ( I think that is 00 to you)

Last edited:
Larry,
All three of mine are .223. I'm not familiar enough with the .30 cal. to know of its accuracy, but the .223 has been very accurate at 100 yds., exceeding my expectations of a carbine-style weapon. Maybe I don't expect as much as others from a rifle but the Mini14 has it all, at least for me. I particularly like it's utility. Easy to carry, shoulder, and fire. Little kick, light weight, and (I swear) I think you could pack the action with mud and it would still fire. Yes, I am in love.........
Best of luck......
Trez

I had a stainless mini-14 years ago. Good gun but I sold it to upgrade to an FN-FAL. I was overseas at the time and the US import laws changed so I couldn't import the FAL :( so I had to sell it. I currently have an AR-180 sporting rifle and just picked up a stainless Ruger 10/22.

Tim, since the ban is over...you need to get a folding stock & some good mags for the 10/22.

Did you ever here of the John Norrel sear for that ? 22s can be ALOT of fun.

A registered m16 lower is about the best to have. There are so many things you can do with them. 223,9mm or 22. It's sort of universal.

Do you know of any Class 3 dealers near you ?

Vance, I believe for the simple reason that it is registered as a handgun.

You can get shotshells for most hangun calibers. But I like the intechangeable 45/410.

That is truly impressive! You have to be proud of Montana for that!
We need more of these guys >Republican Rep. Joel Boniek<

I only wish the limp wrist state of Washington had the metal to make a real decision. The Western half of this state is pure liberal, the Eastern side is very conservative.

Passin' Thru,

Nah that ain't it.

You can buy a slug barrel for your shotgun and it's rifled.

I read about another pistol (Comanche) two years ago that shoots .410 and .45 but it is a single shot crack barrel.

They said that because of it's length is what made it a Pistol.

Under/Over so many inches is what classifies it as such.

But then I heard it's because it's chambered for pistol rounds.

The Comanche somthing or another (single shot) cost darn near as much as the Judge.

So the choice should be easy in this case.

The youtube link is the kind my brother owns.

Anyway if you want one you better get it now because it seems to fit this loophole we have.

Obama and his buddies are checking his loophole list twice.

When this Comanche first came out it was on the market of the market a few times because they didn't know how it was listed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997md-aqo-0

http://www.bondarms.com/

Last edited:
OK I waited long enough to comment...

OK I waited long enough to comment...

Such laws only hurt the poor, again....
and they never result in the capture or prosecution of any criminals,again...
and it is a method the try and punish the law abiding, again....
and it is a blatant move by the people that fear the law abiding politically active citizen, again...
so call your Representative and bug the daylights out of them to vote against any such nonsense!!!