Did you get tired of it???

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
Numerous of times I’ve shown how Geneses can fly hands off and make turns without touching the control stick. Here’s is one more video (and I will not bather more) that you can also take off with almost no help from the pilot. Our runway is just 300 meters long and it needs a slight pressure just before the end of the runway for lifting. Was it 100 meters longer it should lift off with no help. As soon the mains leave the ground you can leave the stick alone and it will climb by itself.
What I want to show is that Geneses are rock stable gyros as soon they get into the air. During one hour of flying today, I touched the stick once and that was unconsciously. Maybe twice I don’t remember.
In other words you use hand only when you …. change radio frequencies…...:drama:
I wish I could find a better place to mount the camera so it could be seen more clearly to show that is not just blaaa bla.:blabla:
One thing more I would like to mention is that, applying slightly pressure on any rudder (left or right) for a turn, by not holding the stick, the stick automatically is trying to turn to the opposite direction for correction and is trying to bring the gyro straight and level at its original position. I will work more on this and make a video for me to study too.
Watching the video myself I see that I need to go and cut my hair,,, :drama:
Watch it full screen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbsFaaNKtjs&feature

www.youtube.com/upload

Last edited:
No we never get tired of video!!!
Thanks for sharing the hand free fun!

Pretty impressive stability for a rotary wing aircraft. That's one of the reasons I prefer the gyro to a helicopter a majority of the time.

If you want to show the cyclic during flight you can use a gopro chest strap (if that's a gopro camera you are using).

If you want to show the cyclic during flight you can use a gopro chest strap (if that's a gopro camera you are using).

It’s a very cheap camera mounted direct on the rotorhead cheek plates for few reasons. One reason was to see how much the redundant mast is moving during flight, fore/aft left right. Strange enough it doesn’t record any vibs at all, and I don’t know if the camera is lying.
Anyhow, the machine is flying without any vibrations at all.

Last edited: