Carolina BarnStormers Spring 2024

The last challenge that I am aware of was resolved this morning so unless something comes up that I have not anticipated I will arrive at the Anson County AirPort (KAFP) Wadesboro, NC May 16.

I don’t have any contact information and would be grateful for any information I can get.

Is there a cheap motel available near Wadesboro, NC that you would recommend?

Arriving May 16, check out May 19.

Will I need advance reservations?

Thank you.

Not many accommodations in Wadesboro but some have stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn. 704-694-7070

You can call me anytime: 704-506-6909

Barry.

You can go a little further down the road and stay near Rockingham and have more hotel choices.

Today’s fantasy Sunday April 28!

Barnstormers Anson County Airport KAFP North Carolina May 13 through May 21

Monday, May 13 Leave Santa Maria, CA for Santa Rosa, New Mexico 15:37, 1,027 miles

Tuesday, May 14 Santa Rosa, NM to Dixon, TN 15.28 1066 miles

Wednesday, May 15 Dixon, TN to Wadesboro, NC 8:17 506 miles

Carolina Barnstormers May 16 through May 19

Sunday afternoon May 19 Leave Wadesboro, NC to Dixon, TN 8:16 519 miles

Monday May 20, Dixon, TN to Santa Rosa, NM 15:28 1,066 miles

Tuesday May 21, Santa Rosa, NM to home 15.37 1,027 miles

Driving time 78:21 Miles 5,224

Looks like fun to me.

I have one more thing to clean up before I will know if it is all going to work out, hope to find out Monday April 29.
Not a Fantasy, quite doable. Been there, done that. No.VA to Oregon coast, 3 day's drive. Next day spent rewiring trailer and loading airplane. Three and a quarter day return in 3rd. gear (open trailer, only lost a tailwheel). Wife went along to keep an eye on me. Strongly suggest plenty of books on tape and salty snacks. Wishing you a safe trip!

Not a Fantasy, quite doable. Been there, done that. No.VA to Oregon coast, 3 day's drive. Next day spent rewiring trailer and loading airplane. Three and a quarter day return in 3rd. gear (open trailer, only lost a tailwheel). Wife went along to keep an eye on me. Strongly suggest plenty of books on tape and salty snacks. Wishing you a safe trip!
Thank you for the encouragement Robert.

It was a fantasy April 28 because I still had something to get off my calendar to allow the time for the trip.

It is more likely now because I have moved the impediment and reserved a rental car (Prius).

It is never a sure thing until I get there.

The new schedule is:

Barnstormers Anson County Airport KAFP North Carolina May 13 through May 22

Monday, May 13 Leave Santa Maria, CA for Santa Rosa, New Mexico 15:37, 1,027 miles

Tuesday, May 14 Santa Rosa, NM to Dixon, TN 15.28 1066 miles

Wednesday, May 15 Dixon, TN to Wadesboro, NC 8:17 506 miles

Carolina Barnstormers May 16 through May 19

Sunday afternoon May 19 Leave Wadesboro, NC to Dixon, TN 8:16 519 miles.

Monday, leave Dixon, TN to J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum.

330 N J M Davis Blvd, Claremore, OK 74017-7066 8:21 583 miles

Monday Leaving Claremore, OK at 5:00 for Amarillo, TX 5:39 393 miles

Amarillo, TX to Tehachapi, CA 14:58 1,048 miles

Tuesday leaving Tehachapi, Ca for home 2:45 150 miles

Two of the grand kids live in Tehachapi.

I love every part of this country and love a good road trip.

I am proud that Barry invited me to this "sort of a big deal event "(inside joke) and look forward to seeing old friends and meetings new ones.

Look out…….here we come!
BarnStormers on the loose!
Carolina BarnStormers Spring 2024Carolina BarnStormers Spring 2024Carolina BarnStormers Spring 2024Carolina BarnStormers Spring 2024

I had the privilege of flying with Steve McGowan several days right before Bensen Days. We made plans to continue my transition training in Black at CB. Unfortunately, he won't be able to bring his gyro after all. I'd like to get more gyro time while I'm at the event if possible. Can anyone advise me on who may be offering training before or after the Big Show? This will be my second Barnstormer's event.

Since I'm new to posting on the forum, I'll introduce myself a bit. I live 5 miles from Dulles Airport and all the #@$ restricted airspace near DC. Been flying for 45 years, 3/4 of my time in Ultralights because the fun-to-cost ratio suited me. I built a Lazair UL in 1980, built my own props and redrives for it in '81. I've owned a Champ built from 2 planes, and then the world's most pitiful Citabria after a partner totaled the Champ. Gave up flying for too long because I felt it was too stinkin' expensive. I was curious about gyros even as a teenager and decided it was now or never to try them out. I enjoyed every minute with Steve in his Parsons gyro!

Chappy
EAA 130319
EAA UL 53
USUA 57

Get in touch with Greg Spicola. He may be able to fit you in.

Carolina BarnStormers Spring 2024
YOU ARE……if you come to the Carolina BarnStormers Spring Wing Ding 2024. 😎

I'm still coming but may wait until Thursday due to heavy rain forcast for Wednesday. The two other guys that I had invited, one from ohio and the other is local have both backed out. The person from ohio had their father fall and break a shoulder a few days ago and the local person discovered they had a graduation ceremony to attend on Saturday. (this same issue kept me from coming year before last year for my daughter)

Weather is gonna be just fine 🙄
One of our best fly ins we ever had…..it rained all weekend 👍🏻
The forecast isn’t looking bad at all 👍🏻😊