Autogyro BigFoot Tundra Tire Bush Flying Kit ?

RogerB

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
PAP Tinox 185 140 prop Paramotor and working on Gyro PPL
Total Flight Time
1500+ Paragliding, 200+ Paramotor, 25+ Sailplanes, Cessna 172 12+

I spoke to a Autogyro dealer and was told these are available and include the 3 wheels, fork and a different geometry rotor head works for the sport and the 2017.

Does anyone have anyone have any experience flying this kit?
How is performance; cruise speed, fuel economy, climb?
How does it handle rougher takeoffs and landings?

Attachments

• CC1E039B-071D-4D51-87D1-2B2AF84F51CE.jpeg
    CC1E039B-071D-4D51-87D1-2B2AF84F51CE.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 30
  • F44C1DD1-02F9-4DED-8B98-04BB25BA0ACC.jpeg
    F44C1DD1-02F9-4DED-8B98-04BB25BA0ACC.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 29

I spoke to a Autogyro dealer and was told these are available and include the 3 wheels, fork and a different geometry rotor head works for the sport and the 2017.

Does anyone have anyone have any experience flying this kit?
How is performance; cruise speed, fuel economy, climb?
How does it handle rougher takeoffs and landings?
I have this kit installed. I didn't really notice any loss in cruize speed or fuel burn. I blame the rotor for most of that inefficiency. I love the way it lands, very forgiving in rougher strips. Kit was EASY to install.

Attachments

• IMG_8257.JPEG
    IMG_8257.JPEG
    115.9 KB · Views: 32
I have this kit installed. I didn't really notice any loss in cruize speed or fuel burn. I blame the rotor for most of that inefficiency. I love the way it lands, very forgiving in rougher strips. Kit was EASY to install.
Wow I love that look, the big tires give it a rugged vibe:)
It’s funny, I was talking to Henry Gyrolife earlier today and I think he sent me a pic of your gyro when we were talking about bigger tires for a MTO 2017.

So you didn’t really notice a drop in climb rate either?

How big of a difference did you find it making in your ability to launch from tougher strips? I had my eye on Idaho backcountry strips down the road 😎

Last edited:
Wow I love that look, the big tires give it a much:)
It’s funny, I was talking to Henry Gyrolife earlier today and I think he sent me a pic of your gyro when we were talking about bigger tires for a MTO 2017.

So you didn’t really notice a drop in climb rate either?

How big of a difference did you find it making in your ability to launch from tougher strips? I had my eye on Idaho backcountry strips down the road 😎

Ah cool, Henry is a good friend of mine. I flew with him last year down in Santa Paula before I upgraded the beast. I've had it on a few dirt strips, but don't have a comparison to my smaller tires because I didnt' take them there really. I run < 10 psi in the big tires and it handles the bumps really well - even on rougher asphault strips here in NV. I just love them. Here is a shot someone took of us at High Sierra this year. I haven't noticed anything performance wise due to tires. The kit really is pretty light. I did have an issue with the brake discs when first installed, but I solved that problem. Let me know if you get one and I will elaborate.

Attachments

• HighSierra.jpg
    HighSierra.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 29
Ken there should be difference in climb rate and performance and fuel burn. There certainly is in AR-1 and our tires were not even that big. They were Turf Glide 6 inch wheel tires. But the performance difference is not too big so unless you do an apples to apples solid comparison, you may easily miss it in casual observation. They also increase the weight a little.

Ken there should be difference in climb rate and performance and fuel burn. There certainly is in AR-1 and our tires were not even that big. They were Turf Glide 6 inch wheel tires. But the performance difference is not too big so unless you do an apples to apples solid comparison, you may easily miss it in casual observation. They also increase the weight a little.
There likely is a difference, but l really didn't notice it. I should have taken some numbers before and after, but I really wasn't all that interested at the time. Most of my flights are 1 up and within a few hours of home. Seems to burn about 5 gph plus or minus no matter what.

Ah cool, Henry is a good friend of mine. I flew with him last year down in Santa Paula before I upgraded the beast. I've had it on a few dirt strips, but don't have a comparison to my smaller tires because I didnt' take them there really. I run < 10 psi in the big tires and it handles the bumps really well - even on rougher asphault strips here in NV. I just love them. Here is a shot someone took of us at High Sierra this year. I haven't noticed anything performance wise due to tires. The kit really is pretty light. I did have an issue with the brake discs when first installed, but I solved that problem. Let me know if you get one and I will elaborate.
Awesome, thanks for the reply! When the time comes i'll remember to reach out :)