Apollo AG-1 available now with optional enclosure

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 560 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes. Pilot Airplane
Hi All,
I am happy to report that all the test flights have been completed to finally declare that Apollo AG-1 is available with optional enclosure for guys flying up north.
Work continues on making this option available to install as a kit on existing AG-1's but right now someone can order the enclosed version with confidence at a great affordable price compared to other enclosed gyroplanes around. Canopy can be removed and windshields installed in a few hours for summer flying.

Prices:

Prices:
Standard Day VFR 912ULS AG-1 = $65,000.00 (includes builders assist and 3 hour setup and test flight, FOB, Zephyrhills. FL)
Standard Day VFR 914UL AG-1 = $76,500.00 (includes builders assist and 3 hour setup and test flight, FOB, Zephyrhills. FL)
Enclosed option = $10,000.00 (can be taken off in summer and windshields installed in about 20 minutes)
Extra set of windshields to use in summer = $1000.00

Night VFR option (cockpit light bezels for instruments + Aveo nav/pos/strobe + landing light) = $1250.00

Attachments

• Apollo AG-1 available now with optional enclosure
    016-Enclosure.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks, are you going to post more photos? I like it

Last edited:
What's involved with changing out the enclosure as in how long does it take ? Looks like a great idea to me if it's not too time consuming. You get a Calidus and an MTO all in one.

That is a thing of Beauty.

Very nice looking... Would like to see more pic's. I was very impress with the Apollo - AG1 Gyro at Mentone this year.

Question?
How easy will it be to put the canopy on during the colder months and go back to the windshield during the warmer months?
Now that would be a great option... :first: Along with a little heat in the cockpit.

I knew Stan was going to like this.... Another gyro that you can't throw an Egg out of during flight... :lol:

I agree this is a very nice gyro! Until I actually spent some time at Mentone looking closely and asking lots of questions the Apollo was just another good looking Gyro. Not much different than any other I had looked at or flown. The more I learned the more impressed I became. The optional enclosure puts it in a class shared by few! Great job guys!

Hi All:
The price configuration for this option still needs a bit of clarification to me. I am working on getting it in the form I'd like to offer it here. I think the windshield summer kit should be a part of it and cabin heat should be included but we will get it sorted soon. It will definitely be quite reasonable compared to other enclosed models.

I am getting exact dimensions on headroom from seat cushion perpendicularly up to where someone's head would be but I am told its more than something like a Calidus.

It would be a couple of hours to change out the enclosure.

I knew Stan was going to like this.... Another gyro that you can't throw an Egg out of during flight... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Doug now that's funny lol.

Greg-

External egg deployment device! Push a button...and eggs away.

But back to the Apollo......the enclosed cabin Apollo would be my choice for a gyro. Have the reverse engineered my Helicycle yet? The way they were studying it....I thought just maybe....ha

Wow, very nice! The enclosed Apollo is definitely on my short list. I look forward to more photos.

Wow, very nice! The enclosed Apollo is definitely on my short list. I look forward to more photos.

I'll share a few from my personal stash. All but one come from the show in Fredrichshafen. It looks like it might even be a few knots faster than the open version.

Attachments

image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1
Another picture of the enclosed version :

Attachments

image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1
A close up of the semi enclosed engine :

Attachments

image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1
I wonder if guys will paint the top of it like the Calidus to block some of the sunlight

I wonder if guys will paint the top of it like the Calidus to block some of the sunlight

I suppose you could but I think it would be easier to just get a set of these from Target or Walmart and stick them up to block the sun as needed. They worked great in the Cobra and the RV-4.

Attachments

image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1