shipping -- gyro from Oklahoma to canada?

does anyone know of a service that can ship a sparrowhawk from Oklahoma to either vancouver, british columbia OR northwest Washington (from where it can be flown up)?

thanks,

brian

[email protected]

Hi,

When I had an internet sales business, I often used independent freight brokers who used independent truckers to haul large items for me.

Many of these truckers had flat-bed trailers, or flat-beds with curtain sides.

I got excellent rates because the broker would talk to their independents who were on the road, knowing where all of them are at any given time, and see if they could add something to their loads. They would even stuff some of my items up on the gooseneck over the fifth-wheel. The broker made a percentage, I got a great deal, and the trucker added some cash to his trip. These truckers were often retired husband and wife teams who lived on the road.

So, if you could use some of that shipping wrap on it, and crate breakables, this might be an option for you. I used to build great crates with 2x2s and 1/4 or 1/2 inch OSB or Luan whichever I found cheapest, with a pneumatic staple gun and skill saw.

I had a special broker I used in the Spokane area:

WHITE BROKERAGE
4321 N BARKER RD
OTIS ORCHARDS,WA 99027
13.6MI from Spokane
(509) 922-4212

You need to have a little time on your side, and you have to be able to negotiate the best deal with them. If you do not like their price, say so to them and they will often try to work things out. Make sure they know how to contact you when you tell them you will keep looking, and they will often call back with a super deal. Brokerages are a lot like carnival side-shows. I've arranged trips all over the US and Canada.

I like your idea of flying into BC. You might not need a customs broker that way.

Hope it works out for you.