Sparrow Hawk for sale

tgarrett

Tim
Aircraft
Sparrow Hawk
Total Flight Time
Sparrow Hawk for sale. 320 hours on the Hobbs.. Numerous upgrades including: Hydraulic disc brakes, hydraulic pre-rotator actuator, 4:1 exhaust header with muffler, linear actuators for trim with switches on the stick, sealed fuel tanks to eliminate potential leaks, new tires and battery, rudder cables inside the keel, AvMap EKP-IV in the panel.
- $27,500 Immediate availability. Located at W17 airport in North Carolina

Attachments

• SH front view.jpg
    SH front view.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 92
  • SH panel.jpg
    SH panel.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 4-1 exhaust- header.jpg
    4-1 exhaust- header.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 94
  • SH hydraulic prerotator.jpg
    SH hydraulic prerotator.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 90
  • SH disc brakes.jpg
    SH disc brakes.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 91
Have you decided on keeping the sport car model or the Volkswagen?

Sparrow Hawk for sale. 320 hours on the Hobbs.. Numerous upgrades including: Hydraulic disc brakes, hydraulic pre-rotator actuator, 4:1 exhaust header with muffler, linear actuators for trim with switches on the stick, sealed fuel tanks to eliminate potential leaks, new tires and battery, rudder cables inside the keel, AvMap EKP-IV in the panel.
- $27,500 Immediate availability. Located at W17 airport in North Carolina
What engine and HP is on the SH? I am 6’3” and 240 Lbs. Will I fit into this SH? Thanks! Richard

What engine and HP is on the SH? I am 6’3” and 240 Lbs. Will I fit into this SH? Thanks! Richard
That gyro has a subaru engine, should be in the 160HP range ( there are cam swaps and a few other things some people do to up that HP amount, but stock they are 160HP )

You would absolutely fit in one. It is a two seater, and you would fit in it with another decent sized person beside you.

Construction wise, these are designed and built like a tank. There are a few things to be investigated, such as the fuel tanks... and the rotorhead... there were problems with both in earlier generation Sparrowhawks, but fixes are well known.

My only beef with sparrowhawks, is they are very heavy, and they have very heavy sticks. By that I mean it is like driving a big truck without power steering... I am not a fan of the handling and high stick forces. But they are well designed machines and lots of people like that they are fully enclosed and are good for year round cruising.

That gyro has a subaru engine, should be in the 160HP range ( there are cam swaps and a few other things some people do to up that HP amount, but stock they are 160HP )

You would absolutely fit in one. It is a two seater, and you would fit in it with another decent sized person beside you.

Construction wise, these are designed and built like a tank. There are a few things to be investigated, such as the fuel tanks... and the rotorhead... there were problems with both in earlier generation Sparrowhawks, but fixes are well known.

My only beef with sparrowhawks, is they are very heavy, and they have very heavy sticks. By that I mean it is like driving a big truck without power steering... I am not a fan of the handling and high stick forces. But they are well designed machines and lots of people like that they are fully enclosed and are good for year round cruising.
Thanks Ron! I need to take a look - I wonder if it will be at Anson County! It’s obvious by the size of the tubing as well as the gussets at various places. This is a very durable chassis. Richard