Some Crow-Hops from this past weekend.

Try a lighter touch on the stick

Try a lighter touch on the stick

A helpful piece of advice I received when transitioning from the stiff 2-place trainers to my highly maneuverable single seat was to choke up on the stick.
Plant your wrist/forearm on your leg, then make an "OK" sign with your index finger and thumb around the stick. Don't clamp onto the stick and hold it, just a light touch and only move your wrist for control corrections. The stick doesn't need to move more than about 1" in any direction while crow hopping. It sure helped me and I still prefer to fly it that way.

You're definitely getting the hang of it, congrats. Perhaps only reward yourself with S-turns after you've done three consecutive laser-track centerline runs? And, try to hold off your touchdowns a bit more, as many of them have more ground speed than necessary. (The trick to a smooth landing is to try not to land. Hold it off, hold it off, hold it off . . . )

Keep up the good practice!

Regards, Kolibri

I was able to get in another 6 hops this past Saturday (5-28-16).
After the crop dusters stopped hogging up the runway I was able to get out and do some more crow hops. I had about a 5-6 mph wind from my front right which seemed not to be any problem at all. I was able to take off straight with no side slipping, and land on the centerline at a near no roll landing. I felt really confident in these flights. This makes a total of 80 solo takeoffs and landings in my gyro. As you can see in the video, my machine once again has plenty of power.

Here's a link to the video.

Last edited:
Looking GOOD!

Looking GOOD!

Very good Bobby ... much improved ... can see your increasing skills! :yo:

Well done ... patience , many repetitions & progressive additions!

Thanks for sharing the joy! :whoo: