Rotax 582, 3.47:1, Single Seat Gyro, Prop Recommendations

Hmm, as large a ground adjustable propeller as you can safely fit.
For ruggedness, you could but a Warp Drive 3-blade. But it may be
a bit hard on the gearbox. I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Or a NR propeller from Ukraine for its cheapness and efficiency.
But this is a start.

Somewhere on this site is a post about a Powerfin, that was damaged -
by the thin plastic lid of a McD coke cup...
Hard to believe, but it said so...

Warp drive is a very tough propeller and can handle rock strikes without destroying it

Plus a Warp Drive is easy to repair minor dents and dings.

If the gearbox ratio is 2.58 to 1, I would use a 68 inch 3 blade or at least 66 inch. This should give you the best performance. My pick would be a Warp Drive as I think it's very robust. But the Powerfin is good too. My first Sport Copter had a 68 inch Warp and a 2.58 ratio. Had great performance and a cruise of about 70 MPH at 6300 RPM. I now have a Sport Copter with a 618 that has a 66 inch Powerfin. It does well but I think I would get better performance with a 68 inch. This one will go 70 at around 6500 RPM. Both Warp Drive and Powerfin recommends a 3 blade 68 inch on a 582, At least that is what they told me when I discussed it with them.

I think A warp drive will exceed the mass moment of inertia limits of the B reduction gear. The power fin has had delamination issues. Look at the Rotax manual for inertia limits and how to measure

I think A warp drive will exceed the mass moment of inertia limits of the B reduction gear. The power fin has had delamination issues. Look at the Rotax manual for inertia limits and how to measure
That can be tailored by type of blade, no of blades, and diameter.

The B box is recommended for the 447 and 503. I've only seen C and E boxes on 582.

I don't think you will be happy with the 3-47 to 1 gear ratio. You won't be able to swing a large enough prop to make it work. When I purchased my second Sport Copter, it had a 3.0-1 ratio. I changed it to the 2,62-1, With the 3,0-1 it was very doggy and I couldn't get much over 55 mph. It had to be pitched at a steeper angle which didn't give me a lot of reserve power. After changing the gears, it made a big difference. I now have the reserve power I need and can top out at over 70 mph. I spoke with Warp Drive, Powerfin, and also a lot of gyro venders at Oshkosh. Everyone I spoke to said I needed 2,58 to 1 with a 3 blade 68 inch prop. On the E gearbox, the closest I could get was 2,62-1.
Hope this helps.

I agree. A large gear ratio is advantageous for relatively heavy vehicles. And it is advantageous in combination with the installation of a large-diameter propeller 1750-1800 mm or the installation of a 4-blade propeller with a diameter of 1620 (1720) mm. Without a doubt, the saber is more profitable in all respects. Of course, our propellers are more profitable.

Attachments

• 083c87d6-adba-48f3-8e32-a2e473be587a.JPG
    083c87d6-adba-48f3-8e32-a2e473be587a.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Петерсон.jpg
    Петерсон.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7190.JPG
    IMG_7190.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170429_Herve-.jpg
    20170429_Herve-.jpg