Great Day

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
I finally found some time to get back to the airport today.  It was finally time to take the dominator around the patch for the first time.  After spending an hour fixing a few minor items, I rolled it outside and did a very thorough pre-flight.  Our temperatures are in the 30's right now, so fortunately I installed a thermostat last week.  It still took quite a while to get the water temp up.  <br><br>I started with a trip down the runway easing up on the power getting the engine warmed up even further.  Then I made a pass about 1/2 way down the runway balancing on the mains.<br><br>The next trip I took off and climbed to about 100 feet and did several S turns over the runway before descending to land near the end.<br><br>Then it was time, the first trip around the patch.  I took off, accelerated to 60 and began climbing out,  Climbed up to about 500 feet and flew in a very tight pattern around the airport for about 10 minutes.  Everything ran great.  <br><br>I then brought it in and spent some time getting warmed up.  I did a few things and checked over the machine real close for any lose bolts etc.  My dad showed up and it was time to fly again.  I took off and was at 400 feet before I reached the end of the runway.  I continued to climb and reached 800 feet before I was done.  I stayed aloft for about 20 minutes flying over a field near the airport.  I made several figure 8's and S turns.  I made one touch and go then flew around a bit more.  I couldn't take the cold anymore so I brought it in.  My dad took a couple pictures with his camera.  They're not great, but you actually see me flying in the one.   I'm back to the airport tomorrow, I'm hoping my brother will be available to take some video.<br><br>I'm smiling tonight!  ;D<br><br>
Great Day
<br>
Great Day
<br><br>p.s.  I'm on this side of those trees.

Re: Great Day

Great Todd. Well done.  Aussie Paul. ;)

Excellent Job Todd!!!<br><br>Sounds like she climbs great. How does everything else feel to you? How are your landings going? Have you tried them with power back? Sorry to hear about the cold.

Great Job Todd,<br><br>Looks like you are having way too much fun.<br>

Well done Todd.......how did you attach the pic? I've only just joined( no excuse!) & may have missed the procedure.<br> Cheers