Rebuild of a B8M

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582, 2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
529 hours
I am in the prosses of getting a B8M back in the air. Here are some pics of what I had to start from.

Attachments

• Rebuild of a B8M
    IMG_1746.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Rebuild of a B8M
    IMG_1747.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Rebuild of a B8M
    IMG_1748.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Rebuild of a B8M
    IMG_1750.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Teddy- I have a good photographer, lol. Thanks for sending them to me.

Looks like you can rebuild that one Dave? A good CDI & some main brakes will make it more airworthy.
Thanks for posting Dave!

Rick- it sure would be nice, I don't think the owner wants to go that far, but I sure will ask. So far all he wants is a redundant mast, seat tank, new rotor bearing and a rebuild on the Mac.

Dave looks like fun Bro!
If I was in SD I'd come check it out!
How long are you going to be working on it?

I was hoping just another week, but I hit a couple snags, the fuel pump mount on the case is bent. So I am going to El Mirage today to pic up another case. The motor mount is bent also, so I will have to pic up one of those. It is going to be 110* up there so I will not be flying today. I will have more pics soon.

Good news for me, I should be back in another week or so.
See yaaaaaaaaaa soon Dave!

Things are going ok with the rebuild, I picked up the motor mount this weekend, cut and drilled the redundant mast and got it mostly bolted up.

I have to make new brackets for the seat tank, I hope that will go good.

I got the crank and rods back in the case today. These Macs are very simple to put together, Red Smith has been very helpful and I hope to have it running by this weekend. I will try and get some pics tonight.