Polish Vice Prime Minister, Waldemar Pawlak,flies Xenon

PTKay

Gold Member
Aircraft
Socata Rallye
Excellent publicity for gyrocopters in general and Xenon in particular.

pawlak_leci_po_zwyciestwo_580x467.jpg

(BTW: he flies the same machine I do my training on.)

http://www.se.pl/wydarzenia/kraj/waldemar-pawlak-leci-po-zwyciestwo-w-wyborach_192550.html

http://translate.googleusercontent....0.html&usg=ALkJrhh5ko1V_QyaDdt9F4yannK4Unz1-w

I had an opportunity to get him interested in gyrocopters few years ago at the meeting in the neighbouring district, where Xenon is at home.

Two month ago we spent few hours at a business dinner talking flying and gyrocopters.

He is sincerely interested in the technology, no election year gag. :)

Last edited:
This is how the government should (could) support the home aviation industry. :)

Nice!

Europe is doing so well with gyroplanes, I hope we can get the same ball rolling over here soon!

Air Force 1..........well maybe Air Force 49 - still good to get support.

Cheer

Looks like there using a different prop on the newer machines?

Very nice looking!

I'm impressed! An educated person trained to think analytically as a leader.
In our country you have to be a lawyer to be a leader.

At least a Polish politician who did not interfere with the pilot´s decisions ;) This is why it was a safe and pleasant flight ...........

(Paul knows WHAT I mean .................. ;) )

Europe is doing so well with gyroplanes, I hope we can get the same ball rolling over here soon!

Pawlak is so taken by the idea of flying guroplanes,
that he talks with everybody about it by every opportunity.

During the last visit of President Obama to Poland, he talked also with
him about his new hobby and suitability of gyroplanes for home security.

I don't know, how Obama reacted, but there is good chance,
something will also happen soon in the US.

Last edited:
At least a Polish politician who did not interfere with the pilot´s decisions ;) This is why it was a safe and pleasant flight ...........

(Paul knows WHAT I mean .................. ;) )

They start to fly with Raphael regularly to conventions all around the country.
Part of the flights is supposed to be training flights for Pawlak,
so he certainly takes over controls from time to time. :)

(But not in the sense you meant).

;)

I wonder whether anyone made him aware before he flew that the Xenon about the masts having a known defect or its alarming incident rate. I assumimg it was that it was a brand new unit and didnt have 200 hours on it.

I wonder whether anyone made him aware before he flew that the Xenon about the masts having a known defect or its alarming incident rate. I assuming it was that it was a brand new unit and didn't have 200 hours on it.

Very clever point. :)

You assume, Raphael is clever enough to risk any kind of incident,
(not speaking about accident) involving a top politician of the country
as a mean of gaining publicity?

On the side note, Raphael is flying always personally with Mr. Pawlak.
And I haven't noticed he is in any way suicidal.

And no, it was not a brand new unit, it is the SP-XENF, the same one
I am doing my training in, a standard school machine with many hours.

(The brand new black cherry Xenon Executive on the pictures was just on
static display at the convention grounds.)

Last edited:
Notification of defects

Notification of defects

If it were at all beneficial or necessary for the pilot/operator to notify a passenger of known defects, it would take the airlines a good hour of notifying before each flight.

I wonder whether anyone made him aware before he flew that the Xenon about the masts having a known defect or its alarming incident rate. I assumimg it was that it was a brand new unit and didnt have 200 hours on it.

As he is an engineer I would think mast cracking might be a defect worthy of his consideration.

It wouldnt take an airline no time at all to notifiy its passenger as its whole the whole fleet would be grounded.

There are squarks and there are defects. If it was found that wing spar was cracking in an airliner it would be a defect and the whole fleet would be grounded until the cause is identified and engineering plan is devised approved & implemented across the whole

Well, maybe finally RC turns out to be a saint at last .........:lol:

Flying the VPM and in the middle of flight inform him about planned mast detachment and let him transmit via radio to broadcast a holy oath as part of the constitution: " Politicians will never again waste taxpayer's money, nor put it in their own pockets, nor will lie :lie: anymore to their people and will not spend money that they do not have ......... " to prevent the planned mast detachment ....... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Someone should make fly Berlusconi and Papandreou in a first series 1000 hr XENON II without any service and mast fix in the middle of the Middle Sea ........

Last edited:
As he is an engineer I would think mast cracking might be a defect worthy of his consideration.

Here we go again.

I thought, we agreed, that such cases of positive public
exposure of gyroplanes is in the interest of all gyrplane pilots
and manufacturers.

But no, JAL feels obliged to go on with the pi$$ing contest,
instead of being glad, gyroplanes come out of their dark corner
to join the mainstream aviation.

It looks, like he has a particular pleasure to pi$$ on somebody else's parade.