Police Gyro article

Anyone wishing to see it in just come to our fly-in at Anahuac TX this weekend, they will be there on Saturday the 17th.

So much for BUY AMERICAN

If the FAA will not wake up, you are done
with the US manufactured gyrocopters.

How stupid might they be...

Will some politician finally kick their a...s?

FAA or FAAA?

This is not Federal Aviation Administration,
This is Federal Anti-Aviation Administration....

From AvWeb: https://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/2005-full.html

FAA Funding Looks Likely

Government leaders appear ready to speed through passage of a four-month funding extension for the FAA when they get back to work next week. In sharp contrast to the rancorous debate that resulted in the FAA going temporarily unfunded last July, House and Senate leaders on both sides of the aisle seem unified in efforts to pass a "clean" funding bill, stripped of all the hot-button partisan clauses that bogged the earlier one down, as early as Monday. Passage would give the legislators time to wrangle over the contentious side issues without crippling the agency. The current funding package runs out on Friday.

The issues are unlikely to go away, however. The biggest is a squabble over $16 million in subsidies for airlines serving rural airports where the routes lose money. That initiative, championed by Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, hit airports in the districts of several prominent Democrats. The Wall Street Journal says there's a high-level strategy meeting on FAA funding at the White House on Monday.

They have been too busy trying to keep their jobs, nothing is going to get done.

Our Coast Guard flys French airplanes & helicopters (not exclusively) and the pres, himself, almost flew in Eurocopters.

Our government is so short sighted the FAA drives to airports, but then again, so does Lycoming.

Zoot Allures!

Sometimes... well most of the time, I do not think our Government could find their own a$$ with BOTH hands!

Although the anti-aviation Agency has it's problems, I am not completely sure the problem with Gyroplane acceptance is entirely their fault. I live in a semi-rural area of NC where GA is the norm. There are two EAA (see experimental) where the only experiment is getting a waiver to change from one brand gascolator to another. Seriously, most if not all of the local folk look at a gyro as a 'crazy' persons aircraft and 'not really flying'. Even the local pilot school at the airport refuses to answer questions about future or sport pilot training, even at a premium. JEEZ the local school trains new pilots in a Diamond 20 and 40...full IFR if you want to spend the bucks. I just wanna' fly!!!

I have a feeling that 'gyro-aversion', 'trike-aversion, PPC-aversion is more prevalent in the US general aviation pilot population than some realize. BUTTTTT, I may be wrong. But that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I'm doing my best to try and change that here, but funds and work seem to get in the damn way!

Maybe if we see more Law Enforcement using them Gyros will become more 'accepted'.

Chris

Last edited:
Hi Chris

I sure agree with your comments. This is why I am so pleased to see the SERIOUS growth at the Mentone Convention this year. Even though the PRA is a very small organization and has "mulitple fractures and several lacerations" it is this organization by which this type of aircraft will be advanced and promoted to the FAA (and to the EAA) therefore it is in our best interest (take a note from the EAA actions) to do our best to work with the FAA and to encourage there presence at our conventions and flyins.

I know this is in serious conflict with some whos view points are more along the line of "leave us alone " but this does not promote growth and cooperation. Even though Dave Kepple is retired, if he is still in South Bend I would like to see an invitation given to him annualy to attend at no charge as a courtesy and appreciation of his past help (yes he did help more than most will ever know) I feel that all of our board and our president should be VERY well acquainted with the new FAA rep from South Bend. By promoting this relationship this person will become very knowledgeable about the characteristics and design features of the many different styles of gyros and would therefore be a very likely person for other FAA personel to contact for data and information on gyros.

Tony

If the FAA will not wake up, you are done
with the US manufactured gyrocopters.

How stupid might they be...

Will some politician finally kick their a...s?

FAA or FAAA?

This is not Federal Aviation Administration,
This is Federal Anti-Aviation Administration....

They really, truly, honestly, don't care. And its' not their job to care. Their job is to keep people from getting killed in or by whatever aircraft people choose to fly, not to promote one form or another of aircraft. Gyro enthusiasts represent, in round numbers, just about 0% of the stakeholders to whom they must respond.

And by the way, it's the Federal Aggravation Administration.

Getting killed? Wrong it's all about REGULATIONS, No caring, No safty, Not Designs, JUST REGULATIONS,They want the General Aviation to go away, It deals with complexity points & Payouts for overtime. GA is small potatos.

The FAA motto: "We are not happy, until you are not happy."