Xenon Winter Flying

Dmorris

Aircraft
I currently own an IFR Carbon Cub FX3. This is my 3rd Carbon Cub. Owned a Xenon, 2 TAF 2000's.
Total Flight Time
Thousands and adding every week!
I always enjoy a good stiff breeze. I stopped by the airport yesterday with no intention of flying. One look at the wind sock and a quick listem to AWOS and away I went. Winds 10 gusting to 20..

YouTube - Xenon Gyro Video February 1, 2011.wmv

Great Flying and fun video David- thanks for posting it.

Rob

Dave,

It looks like your having fun in that machine. You are a great ambassador for our sport. Keep up the great worrk.

Although I have to say, that doesn't look much like winter to me. Where's the white stuff? Are'nt you guys getting hit by this big storm?

Gyro Doug

Thanks David.

It has been below zero for 48 hours and I have not flown in over a week. I enjoyed riding along with you.

Was that a fix mounted go pro camera you were using?

Mark

Mark,

It was a go pro. Actually just got it. I used the suction cup mount attached to the roof glass.

Hi David,

I see you get a superb mastering of your Xenon, congratulations. Looks cool, we appreciate very much your videos, and i take the permission to publish them on our website. PLease Xenon owners, make more wonderful videos ! But fly safe and sound, make a long preflight, and well thought flight.

David- Your video is Grand Champion as well! Talk about feeling like I am flying your beautiful machine! It seems there is as much flying up north during the winter as down south. I want to see some nice warm videos from the south also. Stan

Very Nice..

Very Nice..

David
Thanks for the ride buddy.
I like the GoPro.
I've been grounded for a month because of the weather.
We got hit with a lot of Ice from this last storm.
Doug S.

Attachments

• Xenon Winter Flying
    IMG_4142.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey Dave

Hey Dave

Ya need to make that a simulator program,,, or was it??

Just Jokin.... but the nice and smooooooooothe is GREAT!!

Thanks............Steve

Hi Dave!!!
It is a smooth and quite flying machine. Dave gave me a ride in her!
I enjoyed the spin and the landing thanks for sharing.

Dave, I would love to fly over rivers like that and I really enjoy seeing different parts of the country and the world, very cool!!

The forum been a little slow.

I sure appreciated you sharing the fun with us and I like the way you do a 180, at the bridge.

John,

Glad you enjoyed it. Either a turn at the bridge or a much shorter video.

What a great day to fly. Jumped in the plane and flew to London, Ky. for lunch. Came back and flew the gyro for about an hour. Saw a beautiful Bald Eagle. Of course one of the few days I didn't have a camera.

David, now that's is a full day of flying, way to really enjoy life!