Millennium Helicopters

DASBUR

Hi All

What happened with Millennium Helicopters. seems like they just fell off the face of the earth.Or did they have some D.F. problems.

Doug

Heaven knows what happened to them. Is the "Green Monster" still flying? Have they completed their second conversion? From the website, it seemed they were not advertising the MH-1 as a new product any more, after the DF legal issues. They seemingly changed their tune to being a Mini-500 parts and engine conversion supplier. The new head honcho Kyle left as soon as he started, (in the wake of the DF threats), after that, John and his machines disappeared of the scene.

Would have been OK if he kept the Green Monster flying, those first video's were eye candy! I know of a couple of people that were leaning towards his Yamaha conversion. Luciano from the UK was ready to fly over there, and take a factory tour.

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the Inquiry, Millennium Helicopters is still here and going thru extensive testing now,
The original Green machine has been completely gone thru again and have made more major upgrades to the main rotor transmission, avionics and now we are testing a new governor. I actually started testing the governor for the first time this week and hopefully will get all the bugs worked out by the end of the weekend. We are still working on new main rotor blades and hope by the end of the year to have both helicopters attending events for next year. We have also built a new facility and are currently in the process of moving into it. Unfortunately yes were are currently going thru some legal issues and hope to have them resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks
John H
Millennium Helicopters

Good fr you John. Show them what you are capable of. I am glad the tranny issue is being resolved. Keep us informed how things are going. I for one am very interested and hoping you get this project a success despite of all the artificial $hit being stirred against you. GO get it John!

Good to see it is still moving forward and getting the bugs worked out. will be looking forward to more flight videos on the Green machine.

John- I am pulling for you to have great success with your Millennium helicopter. I would love to see it at next Bensen Days. If it is there, would you still be offering test flights to helicopter pilots? I still want to write an article about your chopper and what it feels like to fly it. Stan

Gabor, Animal

Thanks, I'm actually starting to feel the love again. We just want a good track and safety record like Doug and Eagle R & D have it's simple. We are really close to having all the bugs finally worked out and tested. Stan the man when the helicopter is worked out and proofed out yes that offer still stands, She will be yours to fly as you please. Hope you run it thru its paces like a true pilot can and would do. Oh Stan your helicopter it is a true work of art congratulations on getting over the two weeks syndrome. I know that syndrome of two weeks, it really means two years.

John

John- I am glad your Millennium is getting tested and the bugs slowly worked out. Machines like this have a lot going on...and there are bound to be bugs. You will get er done and I am looking forward to more nice videos and good reports from your machine.

Stan

This is exciting news….I feared extinction. Keep safely plugging away John and you will make it. Just promise less than you know you can deliver…..it keeps the disappointments down ;).

HI John

Good to hear that you are still up and going. A friend of mine is a Yamaha snomobile guru. years ago I asked him what kind of motors are out there that make about 100 HP and run at a decent rpm. at that time there was the 4 cyl. with the reduction unit built in it ran at some crazy high RPM. a few years after that he brought me in a dyno graph from the genisis 120 it had the HP and torque in all the right places.this may work in helicopters. while I was waiting for the prices of the snomobiles to go others figured out that this motor would do great in a Gyro and now airplanes and then helicopters.
so I figured what the heck let someone else test the engine. then I saw what you were doing. I was waiting to see the results everything was looking good then nothing. knowing the history behing the Mini I figured it may have been legal issue. I am really waiting to see the long term results of the Yamaha engine in a helicopter application.

Keep up the good work

Doug S

Doug

I know this engine will work! We have already been flying it and it's more bullet proof than the original Rotax in the Mini as you know. We have had to make major changes and upgrades and redesign all the new components that surround the new engine that we are now using on the three demo ships. We are now able to reprogram the ECU units and build custom wiring harnesses for the 120,130 and 150 version engines. That was the biggest obstacle to overcome and took a lot of time to make it happen. Most of the people out there running the engine are using the factory snowmobile wiring harnesses and just hiding the hand warmers and other components where they cannot be seen which is…usable! We are actually replacing the wiring with aircraft grade wire and totally removing all the components not needed. Speaking of engines, I know you guys at Eagle R&D have bought up and or used up most of all of the Solar engines and parts are just not hardly available any more. Are you guys going to reproduce that engine and if so I hope it will it be a two stage turbine in the near future? I actually went with the Geneses engine because of the fuel consumption, power curb, and superb reliability. Hovering in the Mini is about four and a half GPH and normal flight is about three and a half GPH. This puts us in the desired range and SFC. The geneses engine might be a good option for Eagle in the future! Just a thought? Don't get me wrong, I very much love the sound and the smell of Jet A.

John

John,

Do you plan to make engine packages available for individual Rotorcraft projects? Many of us have been watching those engines with great interest and if you have developed a superior package, there is a ready market for it. We will all anxiously await more updates.

Also if you are planing on what events you want to be at next year, please consider coming to "Rotors Over the Rockies" in UT. on June 9th - 11th. You can learn more about the event at our website. "utahrotorcraft.org". Hope to see you soon.

Gyro Doug

John what are you doing? If you keep promoting this motor we will not be able to get them either. We will be in a bad situation if everybody is searching for them and buying them up. I already cannot find enough motors to fill my orders of people wanting them.
Good job on your project by the way and working out the bugs first is very wise on your part.

GyroDoug,

Yes we where planning to attend Rotors over the Rockies and many others that I had high hopes of making late this summer. I just missed John Spurlings this last weekend and was really looking forward to being there. Last year at Johns was a blast! Right now we are concentrating on a new engine upgrade package for the Mini right now trying to bring it back to be a safe and reliable helicopter. There are a lot of owners out there that would love to be flying their Mini, but just won’t because it’s just not safe to their eyes because of its history.

Rotorplane,

Thanks for the comment, Point well taken! At the time all this happened, it was a little out of control here. I promise you that that want happen again.

Arnie,

Thank you for your support.

Racer,

Without you none of this would have probably happened. I'm just glad you are back to doing your thing and liven life...! It’s good to see you get back to doing your job and that is putting the safest and most reliable engine available in gyros. I personally think your work is incredible and you have made gyros safer and more reliable. Just so that you know, I wasn't promoting the Geneses, it was merely a comment to Doug at Eagle. They have the best experimental helicopter on the market to this day bar none and why change something that works. I do want you and everyone aware that we at Millennium can make a custom wiring harnesses however and whatever a customer would want. I would love to help you guys out as much as I can.

John

John- Have you made any recent videos of your Mini flying? I loved watching your others. It will be exciting when you can make the major fly ins. I was all revved up last Bensen Days to see your chopper, but I can understand the bugs had to be worked out. I really believe you will have a nice helicopter. Stan

Stan,

We are close now to getting it back in the air and getting some new videos of it flying again. Once that is done I will start back updating the web site with all the new upgrades. We have had to make so many changes it's been unbelievable! All we got to do is work out now is the governor which is giving use a lot of problems, but I'm sure we will get it worked out. If we don't we will try something different until we get it right, period! I'm not going to rush this like we did before. Then turn around and have more problems to fix. When everyone sees all the changes that we have had to make then I think everyone will understand what we have been going through in getting back to where we are now.

John

John- I can only imagine what you are going through getting a governor to work quickly and smoothly. It is so nice having a governor on my Helicycle.. ..I never detect any change in engine pitch. It just takes some of the work out of flying a helicopter.

Stan