Estate Sale......gyro Parts

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Bensen glider project (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
We have listed Mark Malek's gyros and parts on ebay (see URL below).
This URL is for my old Bensen gyro only. To view and bid on all any of Mark's gyro legacy, go to the URL, on the right side of the page you will find a box like this:

Meet the seller
Seller: lexisells2( 1010)
Member: since Jun-02-08 in United States

See detailed feedback
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Click on "View Seller's other items" to view all of Mark's stuff that is currently listed.
More of Mark's legacy will be listed in the future.
NOTICE: that the parts are for local pickup ONLY. I believe Rich Vitt will have access to the auction items and can arrange pick up at Mark's house in Lyons, Illinois.
My e-mail address is on each ebay listing and here on this e-mail if you have any questions regarding the gyro stuff. Rich and I looked it over pretty good and would be happy to answer any questions. Lexi is Rich's dog. Rich was kind enough to list these items for Mark's estate.
I do not believe the items are available for viewing. Bid accordingly. Tom Milton

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bens...m14&_trkparms=72:727|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

gyroplanes,

They just as soon donate it to a museum or throw the stuff away.

Everything is for pickup only and they will not get what the stuff is worth by auctioning it off this way.

Even the light stuff easy to pack and ship is for pickup only.

Maybe the local hand picked buyers will like this auction quite well.

Upon checking feedback I noticed the seller didn't have a problem providing shipping quotes for a car and a few other heavy parts recently.

Thanks but no thanks!

Last edited:
Mark, Yeah, Not the ideal situation. There is no one from the family around to pack and ship. Anyone buying the stuff has to meet with a neighbor and get the garage opened to take their stuff. The executer of the estate lives in Texas.

I have gotten several calls to see if I would pack and ship the items. It is about a two hour drive for me and I just don't have the time.

Mark, Yeah, Not the ideal situation. There is no one from the family around to pack and ship. Anyone buying the stuff has to meet with a neighbor and get the garage opened to take their stuff. The executer of the estate lives in Texas.

Tom, I am bidding but based on the above not sure if I want to pay till I get there (if I win) just to make sure I get the stuff advertized in the auction. Could some one from the area make sure the engine including the muffler is there complete. I have a short window to pick up the stuff which is going to be the Sat or Sun after Christmas. I will be driving from New Mexico but if the stuff isn't there or I can't get it no money will change hands. I better put this question on ebay.

gyroplanes,

I don't know exactly who is selling the stuff and who has actually got the stuff.

It sounds like a very big problem for someone comming from out of town and it could get confusing real fast.

I have in the past bid on items that the seller offered no shipping.

Sometimes offering some extra cash helps to get shipping services rendered.

Today shipping cost so darn much that many times it's higher than the actual winning bid.

I'm sure the Family appreciates the help.

Ebay has become so slow at selling because of all these inflated shipping cost imposed by the shipping companies and this usually results in unfavorable final selling prices for the seller.

Just hope it all works out for everyone in the end.

The "seller" is a member of our club and will probably be present at the pick-up. He is handling the gyro parts estate sale for the family. Mark, the decedant, was single. His family consists of his brother and sisters. I believe they are all in their 70s & 80s and live out-of-town. I hope this helps explain the circumstances..

Marc,
That one was listed on ebay before the estate stuff was posted. It's not the same seller, not in the same State.

I guess we all had it figured out wrong. We all thought the "local pick-up' would keep the parts and gyros in our club.
I reality, none of the ebay items went to our club members. I heard my old Bensen went to Louisana and the pontoon gyroglider to Canada. Nothing stayed local.

I think the blades, another Bensen frame and an engine will be listed next. I'll let you all know.

My desire for a Gyro on floats was rekindled after viewing the pontoon gyroglider. I know it's not the best configuration mass and all but, at our low speed the parasitic drag factor should be low. I would be interested to purchase gyro plans with pontoons/floats.

Last edited: