Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Sarychev Peak erupts

https://www.newscientist.com/gallery/dn15018-pick-of-the-pictures/16

23 June 2009

This photograph was taken from on board the International Space Station as it passed above Sarychev Peak on Matua Island.

This is one of the most active volcanoes in the Kuril island chain, northeast of Japan.

A NASA spokesperson said the image "captures several phenomena that occur during the earliest stages of an explosive volcanic eruption."

(Image: NASA / ISS / Earth Observatory)

WOW what a shot!!!!

BTY that one eruption does more to promote global warming or cooling depending on which faction you listen to than all of mankind lumped togeather.....

WOW what a shot!!!!

BTY that one eruption does more to promote global warming or cooling depending on which faction you listen to than all of mankind lumped togeather.....

Where did you get this info?

As far as CO2 goes, volcanoes emit only 0.3 Gigatonnes of CO2 per year - about 1% of human CO2 emissions which is around 26.4Gt per year.

Tim is correct.

But they could not even measure the CO2 from CA's forest fire, but estimated it spewed out nearly 8.7 million tones of greenhouse gases. That is a phenomenally large quantity of emission. It's still not more than, man made causes. Look at termites they even emit more greenhouse gases than forest fires. Then there are cows.

But even if the US put filters over every termite and cow and somehow we emitted 0, the rest of the world will be just about the same for the next 20 to 50 years to come, we will be bankrupt just like California by then?

we will be bankrupt just like California by then?

Good question..

If CA would decriminalize "victimless crimes" and tax the $%#^ out of hemp the economy would be back in the good almost instantly...

But there is a 'politics cap' with no trade here on the forum so I don't think any non-scientific discussions of this would get very far. ;)

Otherwise I would talk about flat taxes, removal of the income tax and try to talk you all into being Libertarians... :usa2:

But no politics here so I won't say that :drum:

If all the humans died, the world would be a much greener place.
How can co2 be bad if all trees and vegatation use co2?

Volcanic eruptions temporarily offset their own CO2 emissions with sunlight-blocking particulates in the upper atmosphere. The massive eruption of Krakatoa in August, 1883 produced a mini "nuclear winter" lasting 5 years.

I wonder several things about claims of CO2 and climate change. Do plants use more CO2 when more is available, becoming a regulating mechanism? If warmer air holds more moisture as vapor, would a 1º rise in temps offset the melting ice caps by holding more of that water in the air?

The Earth, and life on it, has survived much trauma over the millennia. I have to think there are regulatory mechanisms beyond our thorough understanding that make a few degrees either way no big deal.

Water vapor accounts for over 90% of green house gases if there were green house gases to begain with.
Global warming is a big fat lie!

Where did you get this info?

As far as CO2 goes, volcanoes emit only 0.3 Gigatonnes of CO2 per year - about 1% of human CO2 emissions which is around 26.4Gt per year.

Something I read in a magazine a while back, I receive and read over 14 different ones a month hence I do not remember which it was.... but basically they said a single large volcanic eruption reeked more havoc on the planetary environment than all of mankind, and it was a single eruption that caused the "year with out a summer" the year was 1816 mass famine and disease followed that one.

I remember the screwed up weather we had in Indiana after Mt St Helens.

Very cool picture no doubt.

I don't believe in Cap and Tax! Call your senators and representatives and tell them to vote NO other wise you'll vote NO on their re election!

Was in Saudi when Saddam fired up the Kuwaiti oil wells. Dropped Saudi temps over the eastern half of the country by almost three degrees with the smoke cover.

Whatever is going to happen here on our 'Blue Marble' is going to happen. Mankind's future lies in the stars.

Those silver locusts will fly at some stage and the gypsies will spread out,

Good thing bad thing who knows. As Forrest said 'Sh*t happens.'

Tim whether they are your or someones else's you do come up with some very fine eye candy.