Rotary Piston

Emil

I will give patent which unfortunately is in Romanian.
The operating principle is translated into English.
The drawings are correct.
The invention relates to a rotary machine with eccentric piston, that can be a pump, compressor, pneumatic motor, hydraulic motor or internal combustion engine. According to the invention, the rotary machine has a cylindrical piston (1) mounted in a cylindrical housing (2) tangent to the inner cylindrical wall of the cylindrical housing (2), the cylindrical piston (1) being provided with a sealing piece (3), wherein a rotary blade (4) can glide, said blade being integral with a driving shaft (5) whose rotation axis concides with the axis of the cylindrical housing (2), the rotary blade (4) being in permanent contact with the inner cylindrical wall of the cylindrical housing (2); between the rotation axis of the cylindrical piston (1) and the axis of the cylindrical housing (2) there is provided an eccentricity (e).

http://bd.osim.ro/pdf/122000-/122100-/122160.pdf

The operating principle is shown here:
YouTube - Rotary Piston Engine Tarnaveanu Emil
A practical realization is shown here:
YouTube - Rotary Piston Engine Tarnaveanu Emil 2

I would like very much to have a discussion with you on the rotary piston.
The exhibitions was awarded with 3 gold medals: "ITEX 2009 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia", "INTERNATIONAL WARSAW INVENTIONS SHOW IWIS2009", "GENIUS-EUROPE International Inventions IFIA 2009",
I presented these things to understand why I am frustrated.
Despite these recognitions, nothing happens.

OK guys I will translate for Emil. So if you guys have any specific questions for him just let me know. I'll do my best.
Emil te is írd be ide amit akarsz moondani és én majd lefordítom angolra jó?

Emil, Grant azt mondja hogy a második videón sűrített levegővel történik a demonstráció és hogy szerinte ez egy belső égésű motorral (benzines) lehet nem működne. Amúgy nagyon tetszik neki az ötlet.

Gabor,
Remelem eszreveszik a kulumbseget az a pompa kozot amit mutatak es a "kordugatyu" kozott.Ha nem akor kerdezenek ra,elmagyarazom.
Van egy elkepzelesem egy absolut uj tipusu motorol ahol nincs robanas es nem negy vagy ketutemu motor (Otto vagy Diesel).Nagyon erdekes es remelem esztt is megtudom targyalni veletek.Ha erol akarjak hogy beszelgesunk akor irjak meg.Adigis fel hivom a figyelmuket hoy milyen sokra lehet felhasznalni egy igazi "kordugatyut".Peldaul a nyomatek hidraulikus kozvetiteset.Egy kordugatyut a motorhoz ,egy egy kordugatyut a kerekekbe es hidraulikusan oszekotni,elasztikus csovel, mint a feknel es tobe nincs szugseg a sok vasra amivel most tortenik az atvitel.Milyen kacsoloszekrenyt tudunk csinalni!!A klaszikus kapcsoloszekrenynel ,negy fogaskerekel negy sebeseget tudunk kacsolni.De az armlast osze tudjuk ad
ni vagy ki tudjuk voni agyiket a masikbol.Harom kordugatyuval,midegyikre felszerelve ket ket electroventil aminek a segitsegevel oszeadom kivonom vagy nem mukodtetem,13 sebeseget tudok elerni.Negynek a segitesevel es 8 electroventilel 40 sebeseget tudok elerni.5-tel es 10 electroventil,121 sebeseget.
Ugyanakor hatolmas nyomatekot tudunk kozvetiteni.A fogaskereknel ha a nyomatek akora hogy az olajt lehuza egyik a masikrol,akor nem lehet hasznalni.Azert nincs kapcsoloszekreny a mozdonynal,metronal vagy a vilamosnal.A kordugatyuval tudunk ide is kacsoloszekrenyt csinalni.
De lehet sziplan hasznalni mint vizpompa.Egy varos vizellatasa sok energiat hasznal mert a vizpompaknak nagyon kicsi a hozamja.A kordugatyunak sokal ,de sokal job.
Most hogy mirol targyajunk az olvasoktol fug.
Szegeny fejed,van mit forditsal.Nem muszaly egyszere az egeszet.Rad hagyom,ahogy gondold.
P.S. Adok egy timet ahol a cik tob hibat is tartalmaz,nem tudom ki fordita le egy roman cik utan,de nagyabol igaz amit ir.

http://technicalstudies.youngester.com/2009/03/rotary-piston-invention-that-could.html

Ok guys Emil says there is a huge difference the pump and an actual engine using the rotary piston technology. If anyone is interested in deeper details he is willing to explain it just go ahead and ask away. He says he is working on a non conventional engine that is neither 4 stroke nor 2 like what we are accustomed to. If anyone interested in that too he is willing to give details on it. Meanwhile he'd like to point out the other uses of the rotary piston technology could be used for lot of other applications like hydraulic power distribution or using it as a water (fluid) pump or using it as a breaking system by simply connecting it to a motor and using another one built into the actual wheel. Using dividers between chambers can eliminate the use of transmission. Emil calls them eletroventils and by adding them together and the ability of turning them off changes the power distribution if I understood correctly. He can achieve 40 different speeds by using 8 electroventils and 15 elecrtoventils will yield 121 speeds. This technology is fas superior to the gear driven pumps since the pressure in gear drives can be so great that it actually drives the oil off the teeth of the gears rendering it useless. This technology could easily supply the water for a whole city while saving energy using the rotary piston technology as a much more efficient way of distributing fluid. Here is a link that someone translated from Romanian to English and it's basically pretty much correct info:
http://technicalstudies.youngester.com/2009/03/rotary-piston-invention-that-could.html
So go ahead ask away I'll do my best here.
Emil nem volt olyan sok ez egyszerű nem volt túl komplikált. Majd nézem folyamatosan ha van valakinek kérdése hozzád akkor beírom jó?

I presented these things to understand why I am frustrated.
Despite these recognitions, nothing happens.

This is normal and I will try to briefly explain why nothing has happen yet.

You understand how it works as you invented and created it. However, investors with the money and manufactures of similar products do not understand how it works or why it is better and cheaper to produce or that you are even looking for manufactures or investors. You need to teach them with a request with a benefit list etc.
For an invention to be marketed you need to MARKET the inventions to the likes of silicone valley investors/ brokers etc and every manufacture with a product you could replace with your better/cheaper product.

Marketing the invention to investors and manufactures and teaching them the benefits is more important than creating it if you ever wish to actually have it produced.

Unfortunately contrary to popular belief solely building a better mouse trap does not guarantee it will be manufactured unless you have unlimited funds yourself.

PS:
You posting it here is marketing and may help, but not like a benefit list /package sent directly to Investment companies with money or manufactures with similar products.

Last edited:

Yes, I suspect that it is.
I am an engineer.I'm not good at markenting or advertisement.
I think only collective results can be achieved.Alone can not do more.
But at least I can talk with others and exchange ideas.
Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I would be glad to help you create a marketing letter on this thread.

First make a list of benefits eg (life of product, increased power, etc) for each category, eg. as a pump, compressor, pneumatic motor, hydraulic motor or internal combustion engine and also the cost to manufacture compared to current designed products.

Thanks, I agree

The simplest would be fluid pump.
Most effective would be a piston pump and Crank.Is pressure but no flow.
The pumps that are: various rotary or turbine pumps.
Rotary piston has advantages: Piston Crank and turbines.
Rotary piston has both pressure and flow.
Advantages of rotary piston than other rotary pumps:
Only this rotary piston has vane fixed to the shaft.
Tightness is one of the advantages of rotary piston.
All contacts are on the surface.Not a line,a generator as the Wankel or any rotary pump.
Rotary blade has radius equal to radius cylindrical housing.Contact between rotary blade and cylindrical housing are on surface.
Cylindrical piston is not tangential to the cylindrical housing,they are secant.Contact between cylindrical piston and cylindrical housing also are on surface.
Wear is insignificant.After running there was no force acting on a surface.All forces are taken bearings.
Narrowing in valves area is a problem.For liquids valves will be placed elsewhere.
It is nonlinear and is not balanced.
To linearized or balance:is mounted on the same shaft, one after another, two identical rotary pistons, but the blades are 180 degrees from one another.
All these things I wanted discussed with other engineers.Also the sealing method to use.
But I say it is more efficient with 50%,because I think it can be 100% better than any other pump.
Any observation on what I wrote,is welcome.
In other applications try to translate them.

Sorry for the delayed response, I killed my keyboard right after I responded and had to go to the store and buy a new one to continue the discussion.

I fear some of the meaning got lost in the translation. Could you write it in your language and I'll ask Gabor to translate it and see If I can discern the benefits better.

We have a very different time.Here is GMT +2 (GMT +3 summer time)
The hydraulic motor is like hydraulic pump.
With a hydraulic pump and a hydraulic motor we can make a hydraulic torque transmission.
Ex: a rotary piston will be attached to the engine , acting as a pump, while anothery rotary pistons will be attached to the wheels, acting as a hydraulic motor .Hydraulic fluid will flow between rotary pistons.There is no need for planetary differential, shaft, etc..
We have ransmission many other places,not only in cars.
If you do not have the same volume rotary piston, then we have a reduction hydraulics. We can have a hydraulic gear box.
Gearbox classic three gears have three speeds,four gears have four steps viteza,etc
Flows can add and drop.
We put two electro-valves to the rotary piston.
One of the suction (inlet) and one at discharge (exit).
Intended to drop or collect debts.
Three rotary pistons and six electro-valves we have 13 gears.
Ex: we have three rotary piston Volume 1, 3 and 9.
1 = 1 , 2=3-1, 3=3, 4=3+1, 5=9-3-1, 6=9-3, 7=9-3+1, 8=9-1, 9=9, 10=9+1, 11=9+3-1, 12=9+3, 13=9+3+1,
If we have four Rotary Piston and 8 electric valves,we have 40 speeds.
If we have 5 Rotary Piston and 10 electric valves,we have 121 speeds.
Gear is not able to broadcast high strength.
Because of this are not gearbox on the locomotive, metro or tram.
Rotary piston is able to transmit forces (torque) higher.
We can think about to put reduction also where ,so far not been possible.
Rotary piston, which is compressor(Is like pneumatic motor) is little different of rotary piston which is pump(As like hydraulic motor).
I hope to finish in a few hours,to translate the internal combustion engine.

How is it fundamentally different from a standard hydraulic vane pump?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_vane_pump

Rotary piston has advantages: Piston Crank and turbines.
Rotary piston has both pressure and flow.
Advantages of rotary piston than other rotary pumps:
Only this rotary piston has vane fixed to the shaft.
Tightness is one of the advantages of rotary piston.
All contacts are on the surface.Not a line,a generator as the Wankel or any rotary pump.
Rotary blade has radius equal to radius cylindrical housing.Contact between rotary blade and cylindrical housing are on surface.
Cylindrical piston is not tangential to the cylindrical housing,they are secant.Contact between cylindrical piston and cylindrical housing also are on surface.
Wear is insignificant.After running there was no force acting on a surface.All forces are taken bearings.

Pressure that can get a classic pump is highly dependent to the spring from a blade.(Item 4 from thel link)
You can not optin 1000 Atm.Rotary piston can, like a piston.

Last edited:
Those are great benefits but you are not going to sell investors with theoretical benefits you are listing. The problem we all have is most investors and presidents of manufacturing companies are not engineers. They will not understand how this COMPARES to existing products or why it will last longer or be cheaper to make from your list.

You will need to teach them by comparing an existing product’s performance statistics.
1) I would pick the most successful pump out there to start with. Use the manufactures specifications and then test your pump and make it out perform their specifications.

2) Only then can you write a true benefits marketing letter comparing, the differences so non-engineers can understand and then may wish to manufacture your pump as an additional product line, etc.

PS:
Gabor will you translate this for me so I can be more assured he's getting a true picture of what he needs to be listing as benefits that will teach and sell at the same time.

Last edited:
Emil azt mondja John hogy szerinte azok amiket leírtál nagyon jó és előnyös dolgok de ezt nem kitalálóknak fogod eladni akik teóriákban gondolkodnak. A legnagyobb probléma az vele hogy azok akik finanszíroznak találmányokat azok nem értik az összehasonlításokat és hogy mi miért is jobb a másiknál. Neked fog kelleni megtanítani őket rá. Tehát kikell alakítanod egy összehasonlitási alapot ami szemmel látható eredményt produkál a teljesítmény és a statisztikai szempontból.
1, Vedd a legkitűnőbb pumpát aminek elérhetőek a gyári adatai és hasonlítsd hozzá a tiednek a teknikai adatait.
2, Csak akoor tudod igazán szemmel láthatóan összehasonlítani és az előnyeit kkimutatni egy lajikus hozzánemértő embernek. Általában a befektatők ilyen emberek.

Mond meg Johnak,Gabor hogy tudom vagy gyanitom hogy ugy van ahogy mondja.De egyedul nem tudok tobet csinalni.Nincs lehetosegem,penzem etc.Ezert keresek kozremukodoket(Contributors).
Nem is akarom eladni a szabadalmat.Egyfelekepen lehet hogy huje idealista vagyok de hiszem hogyha egy ceg veszi meg es senki masnak nem adja sokan csodbe jutnanak.Ezert csak a gyartasi jogat fogom megadni anak aki akarja.
Itt a forumon elsosorban meg akartam targyalni masokal a kor dugatyu lehetosegeit.
Tudom alitani hogy a technikai embereknek is van muzsajuk mint a muveszeknek.Ot evet dolgoztam a kordugatyun es csk a vegin eset le a tantusz.Szerencse,vagy a muzsa volt?Ot ev utan,egy par ora alat megcsinaltam a kordugatyut.Sok kulonbozo kordugatyut csinaltam,de egyikel sem voltam megelegedve.Ez a kordugatyu szerintem mar muvezset az eleganciaja es az egyszerusegejert.Aki szereti a mekanikat neze meg eszt:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Walschaerts_motion.gif Szerintem ez is egy mestermu.Mas idoszakhoz tartozik de mestermu.
Koszonom a faradsagodat.

John he says he knows you are right about all the things that he needs to do about getting his invention out into the public, but at this stage of the invention there is a lot more that needs to be done first. Still have to produce working prototypes that can be measure instead of calculating the numbers that he needs for comparison. He is not even ready to sell the idea but maybe the right of the manufacturing. He was rather looking for maybe someone partnering up with the same interest.And he really didn't come in here to do a pitch but accidentally found the forum. By typing Rotary into the search engine. And he figured we had something to do with his invention :) But again he would be happy to talk to anyone who wanted to discuss further the theories of his rotary piston. And he wanted me to thank you for your kindness.

Emil
Hard to tell but your concept looks like a typical rotary vane motor (pump) and one of your examples appears to simply be a second vane pump acting like a supercharger.

Good luck with your experiments. Have you seen these?
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22859&highlight=mallory

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23825&highlight=mallory

Please look at this:

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=365818&postcount=14

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG