Rotorcraft Cross-Over Topic Poll - Please Contribute With Your Vote Now!!

Rotorcraft Cross-Over Topic Poll - Please Contribute With Your Vote Now!!

• Motorcycling General

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Motorcycling Off-Road

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Motorcycling Harley Davidson Centric

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • R/C of all kinds

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • R/C Rotorcraft

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • R/C Fixedwing

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Powered Watersports

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Classic / Antique Autos

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Model Rocketry

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Go-Karting

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
In gorilla marketing it is critical to know what cross-over markets exist for your product.

Please post what hobbies you have outside of homebuilt rotorcraft.

This will help us to determine how we can most effectively advertise our sport outside of the 'true bloods'.

If an option you think would be viable is NOT listed please post the additional options you think should be considered.

Thanks!

Wow I always was told how wide spread my interests were....and non of my hobbies are listed.... I knew they were lying to me :) How about composing or just simply playing any instrument, singing, rollerskating, bicycle racing, shooting, paintball, Jetskiing, skiing, painting, sculpturing, cooking, baking, knitting LOL.... Merry Christmas everyone.

Powered parachutes and ultralights

I second Mayfield

I left out other aircraft types because I think we already know they are low hanging fruit if they fly LSAs and Ultralights and nearly worthless to market to if they fly heavy GA. ;)

I think sports cars should be in there.

Thanks!

Wow I always was told how wide spread my interests were....and non of my hobbies are listed.... I knew they were lying to me :) How about composing or just simply playing any instrument, singing, rollerskating, bicycle racing, shooting, paintball, Jetskiing, skiing, painting, sculpturing, cooking, baking, knitting LOL.... Merry Christmas everyone.
Jetsking would be powered watersports I think.

Not sure how well marketing homebuilt rotorcraft to painters would go. Might increase our exposure in art galleries... :)

Rollerskating might be too broad for vertical marketing, but Paintball, shooters and outdoor intrestests are indeed worthy for consideration.

Archery, Scuba-diving, Woodworking, Music, Lovemaking(I'm wishing here)

Scuba is a techie outdoor sport in 3D, I like that!

Horse packing in the wilderness
Fly fishing
Lambing

Air Cav - Horse packing must have some commonality! Ok, what is lambing?

My favorite. A cold drink and my TV remote. :peace:

Well I consider it a hobby. ;)

Alas, I don't fit in the survey. These are my non-experimental homebuilt hobbies:

Music Performance and Recording, General FW Aviation, Fishing, Diving, Sailing, Hiking, Camping and Photography.

Oh well :noidea:

Biking....pedal pusher.....recumbent only...prefer trikes or 3 wheel recumbents.

I like building electric vehicles (built a bike want a car)

Tony

I know the off road racing crowd loves watching me fly.

Tim here is Lambing at its best
Photo #1 --- A group of lambs playing
Photo #2 --- Triplets 2 hours old
Photo #3 --- The maternity ward Ewes that gave birth with in the last 12 hours

Attachments

• IMG1972_041_0001.jpg
    IMG1972_041_0001.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG1966_035.jpg
    IMG1966_035.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG1957_026.jpg
    IMG1957_026.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I think that the categories of this poll are representative of what kind of people we BELIEVE might like gyro flying. How are we ever going to find people who practice alternative medicine, play saxophone and engage in botany? (Like myself, for example.)

Like most times, the survey reflects at least as much on the one asking the questions than it does on the sample answering them.

Greetings, -- Chris.

surprised firearms wasnt on the list...

surprised firearms wasnt on the list...

A friend of my wife once asked me for advice on how to buy a present for a man, I thought about it and replied it has to have three features...small metal and intricate and men will be fascinated!
Guns,Knives fancy watches, motors, engines motorcycles, gyroplanes all go hand in hand.
As for my hobbies
Guns,knives motorcycles,scuba,rappelling,metal detecting, explosives and all things aviation.(except ballooning, never got the attraction to that)
Ben S

Computers and electronics and computer gaming.... no lame consoles :whoo:

Shooting virtual opponents keeps me together at work. I will neither confirm nor deny having 3d models that resemble the people I work with to shoot at.

Last edited: