Aussie Paul update.......

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
.....Hi all. Just a note to let you know I have a new email address, [email protected]

I have been off the air for a while due to a major back infection where the metal was located in my lower back. This meant another couple of months in hospital. They were able to remove most of the metal but one of the screws had broken and there is still an approx 35mm end of one of the screws left inside. The surgeons felt it was too close to my spinal column to try and remove. I have been home a few weeks with "hospital in the home" nurses administering IV antibiotics on a daily basis. Last Thursday the Infectious Disease's people felt that the blood tests were good enough to take me of the IV antibiotics, so I am free again at last, although I still have to take 4 different oral antibiotics to cover the "hospital bugs" I picked up in ICU last year. This is the first time, since I came home in June last year, that I have not had daily IV antibiotics.

May the 7th was 18 months since my accident and I have spent 9 of those months in hospital!!! I was progressing reasonably well physically when the infection occurred late February. Now I am waiting for the go ahead from orthopedics to get back to physiotherapy, pool and gym. Bugger of a way to start the year!!!!

Cheers for now.

Aussie Paul. :)

Paul,

Good to hear from you. Best of health in the future.
You could post a little more often! I guess laptops
don't go through autoclaves very well.

Prolonged spells in hospital can get rather depressing, as for IV antibiotics, they suck big-time. Don't know if you have come across 'tissuing' when the point where it is being infused breaks down and they have to then change the location. Happened with me a lot. No fun at all.

Glad to hear you are on the path forward and out of that particular part of your life. Getting back in the air was for me the absolute best thing ever. Being ground bound dreadful. Hope that it continues to sort out. Be well soon.

It may be a bugger of a way to start a new way, but it is another year. Glad your recovery is coming along.

Hang in there Paul. Good to see you post.

Good to hear from you.

Good to hear from you.

Paul,

How do I say this without sounding like a "me too"? Oh well, I give up. Just glad to hear from you again. You have definitely been missed. It doesn't sound like it has been an easy of fun last 18 months, but at least you are still with us and it sounds like you may now have a chance to work towards getting back closer to your old self again.

Our hopes and prayers are with you. Keep us updated when you can.

Gyro Doug

Good on ya Paul!

I hope your recovery continues quickly.

Jim

In my experience Paul, recovery is never a straight line.

Sometimes it came in fits and spurts.

Sometimes recovery is so subtle that I didn’t notice it until I made an effort to quantify the progress.

Sometimes it goes seriously backward and it is hard to keep a positive outlook.

Keep at it and revel in the progress.

Thank you for checking in.

We miss you here!

Thank you, Vance

Hello Paul
It's a while since we had an update on what you?re up to, and how you?re progressing since your last operation.

________
Tasty_squirt

Last edited:
It's bound to have been difficult, just hoping the trend has been on the up.

All the best for you and your family Paul.