Yamaha Genesis 120hp engine

I do not have dashboard yamaha, otherwise I would have done the tests. it would just warm up the engine until the light comes on and measure the temperature with a thermometer in the jar coolant.

happy new year

I was i disconnected the temperature sensor, the engine start but I do not know if it changes the ignition advance and therefore limited power.

to the max on the workshop manual it is stated that the thermostat begins to open at 156-163 ° is is fully open at 185 ° F

the workshop it gives the temperature never exceed 248 ° F

Last edited:
hello

I continued testing my engine génésis carburetor, I check the value of the original probe temperature.
whether connected or we did not change anything to the engine, hot or cold, slow or at full throttle.

I did not use the Yamaha dash board. The Yamaha engine manual was very useful in giving procedures of how to test items like the temp sensor. The manual told me the resistance of the probe when the engine was warm. I then installed a resister that equaled the value across the ECU to make it think the engine was always warm. I installed a temp sensor in the stock location that was hooked to an instrument on the dash so I could monitor temp trends.

Jason

hello

I continued testing my engine génésis carburetor, I check the value of the original probe temperature.
whether connected or we did not change anything to the engine, hot or cold, slow or at full throttle.

I think this probe, only useful if you use the dashboard or electric carburetor heat
temperature does not affect the operation of the engine.

I am fascinated by the people who can build these on their own, I know the basics of running the machines, but not enough to turn out work like that. The horsepower of the 3 cylinder is right for the aircraft I would like to mount it on, and that tall redrive is perfect, good luck getting it flying and give us some reports,

Does anybody have a recommendation for an tachometer for this engine combo? 12000 RPM redline makes it a challenge.

I am not going to use the Yamaha instrument cluster due to a lack of space in my panel.

I would like to find a small diameter tach that will go up to 12000 RPM

I look forward to your input

hello

I almost finished the electrical wiring of my genesis carburetor. temperature sensor has no influence on the ignition. following the directions which gives the resistance heats carburetor works or indication on the dashboard lights to overheating. nothing else.

against by the Throttle position sensor acts directly on the ignition and the ignition stoper bit in case of failure.

I think make rescues and ignition with hall sensor with a transfer switch to use the same coil.

tach signal

tach signal

Good luck on a tachometer without the using the dash. there is no deticated tach output signal on the ECU at least none that I have found. you could tie into the crank speed sensor but I think it has an odd output signal none that will directly corolate to a 4 6 or 8 cyl tach scale. I used an optical sensor with reflective tape on my drive pulley. I did not trust hooking it up to the crank sensor.

Doug Just my uneducated opinion

P/S I build dual and single tachometers for helicopters and Gyros that can be programmed to any amount of input pulses with custom scales to any RPM.

Does anybody have a recommendation for an tachometer for this engine combo? 12000 RPM redline makes it a challenge.

I am not going to use the Yamaha instrument cluster due to a lack of space in my panel.

I would like to find a small diameter tach that will go up to 12000 RPM

I look forward to your input

Here's the unit I'm using on my MH1 Yamaha. I use it for keeping up with engine time and a second reference for RPM. I just wrapped the wire around the bottom boot on the coil pak and routed (I will in the future route it through the upper boot) it out. Working great! I don't have a lot of time on it yet but I suspect it will do just fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGITAL-TAC...iation_Parts_Gear&hash=item484339d4cb&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• 20140523_183638.jpg
    20140523_183638.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20140523_183623.jpg
    20140523_183623.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 3
Nice will look at that as an option.

Nice will look at that as an option.

Here's the unit I'm using on my MH1 Yamaha. I use it for keeping up with engine time and a second reference for RPM. I just wrapped the wire around the bottom boot on the coil pak and routed (I will in the future route it through the upper boot) it out. Working great! I don't have a lot of time on it yet but I suspect it will do just fine.

Awesome I will look more into that as an option.

If your using the 3 cylinder, you won't be going much past 8 thousand rpms. No need to.

Is anyone selling tractor PSRU's for the Yamaha engines yet the snowmobiles are becoming quite reasonable around me, but I can not build my own redrive yet.

Trackwelder...

Greg Mills (Nowingsattached) is working on a new design for the four cyclinder (RX1).

There are also ones out there for the 3 cylinder but I am not sure who is making them.

I had seen NOWINGS ATTATCHED forum page and thought he should have had them at least in testing stage, but have not heard of anything recently, I know he was getting another business off the ground but was hoping he had his redrive finished, RACER 3 cylinder would also work for my aircraft but I have not heard if he is still selling them, any news?