Yamaha Genesis 120hp engine

What type of exhaust expansion joint is that Todd? I've never seen that before.Nice Install!

Jamie.

Those come off the sled, I have recently started using them and I like them a lot.
PS they were much prettier before I started the motor and burned the paint off of them.

ExhaustBurning.jpg

Last edited:
I like the chrome pipes better!

I like the chrome pipes better!

I feel that the chrome pipes look better than the paint.

Ed loves anything that is shiny.

Your aircraft looks great Todd.

Thank you, Vance

Todd...Your mailbox is full!

Todd...Your mailbox is full!

We can't send you any messages through the RF until you delete some of your Inbox or Sent messages...

It has been a while since I have updated anything so I thought I would just drop a line or two just to catch you guys up. The production is going good and I believe that I have worked through most of the issues with my CNC machine finally. (crossing my fingers)

Ernie at http://www.rotorflightdynamicsinc.com/ has one of these 120hp motors setting at his place and is putting it on a new two place Dominator for a customer. We have been talking about this for awhile and now it is actually happening.

A few months ago I shipped off an engine kit to Al Frasier which he will be putting on his Air Command just like mine so my gyro will soon have a twin.
I also shipped off a 130hp fuel injected motor to Brad Hawley in CA so that he can start figuring out how he wants to mount it to his little wing, I will ship him the redrive cage later.

Jim Ginn will be at my place very soon and we will be installing one of these 120 motors on his machine as well, Jim is getting excited.

When Jim leaves I will be boxing up Fiveboys motor and shipping it to him in Panama so that will be the first Yamaha that has left the US border and will be flying over Monkeys and Jaguars and stuff that will eat you.

Brooke in Florida will be looking under his Christmas tree for a 118 pound present soon after that to put in his empty looking Somaha.

I still have to perfect and build some steel mounts for the Dominators, the fixed wings and John Stahl's Pit bull so that I can put the engines in all those machines as well, then I will work on a belt drive system for several others who want to go that route.

I get many calls about people interested in the 80hp Yamaha motor so I need to finish and test that project as well.

Other than that not much going on,
Todd

312.jpg

317.jpg

"I still have to perfect and build some steel mounts for the Dominators,"

The first two of those mounts have you name written all over them.

If you look very closely in the second picture you can see another motor hanging in place on your Dominator frame, (look beyond the red tube bender, it has green tape covering the carb intakes) That one is yours and your other motor is still in the red sled that is off to the right. (I have not taken it out yet)

You are going to have some sweet machines my friend, you will have to beat the ladies off with a stick.

Todd fantastic to see how this concept of yours has taken off. Many congratulations.

Wow, you are a Busy man now days, got engines hanging everywhere, hope ya got a strong roof..lol

bet ya never thought when you did that first conversion for your self, that it was going to change your life huh.

Congrats on a job well done.

I also saw on the millennium helicopters web site they have one in a Mini 500 now and have it started, it looks like it was made for it.

Last edited:
This is awesome. I am so happy to see a viable choice to Rotax, I can't wait till these guys start putting the flight hours on all these so you can find and work out any bugs.

Brooke in Florida will be looking under his Christmas tree for a 118 pound present soon after that to put in his empty looking Somaha.
That's the best "Santa's Workshop" I ever saw. I left the girlfriend, sold the PPC, and will have the best Christmas I ever had. Dreams do come true. It's been a very good year. 2010 will indeed be the dawn of a new age.

312.jpg
QUOTE]

Yammie engine heaven....where good engines go to be reborn into HP with wings (a hem....BLADES).!!!!

REALLY like what you've done with that Yammie John in the Mini...!
What a machine...!

Last edited:
Mike
Thanks. If everything works out right it will hover this weekend. That does look like yammieville. I just hope there all still for sale and not spoken for. hummmmm

John

Todd, you must be verrrry busy, have you had a chance to work out anything on the snowmobile clutch set up? I am REALLY interested in this, and I have thought about it since the very first time I thought about power plants for gyros. I have been wondering why it isn't done? With a high-revv 4-stroke like the 4 cylinder Yamma putting out 100 hp at less than 4500 rpm, it seems like a no-brainer. Talk about economical!

Last edited:
Just an update,
I just ticked ticked over 80 in flight hours on the original Yamaha 120hp motor installed which had over 8,500 miles on it when I first put it in. This motor is still running very strong and still puts a smile on my face everytime I fly it.
Here is a short video that I took two days ago. YouTube - Flying in the Rain