Yamaha Genesis 120 hp engine/sled available

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Is anyone on the forum interested in one of the Yamaha 3 cylinder 120 hp engines for their gyro?

I already have one that I found with very low miles (600), a 2006.

There is another one for sale here in NW Oregon that is a 2005 with only 404 miles on it. He is selling it for $4,000.

I went and looked at it today and it is as the owner described: Professionally maintained and always garaged. It has been well taken care of, having no rust, and only driven on snow. No sand or grass drags!

He also had it summer-ized each year, so he has been meticulous in caring for it.

This would be a great engine to add one of Racer's re-drive packages with to power your gyro with the four stroke reliable engine that these are known for.

I'm willing to help with either shipping the entire sled to you, or pull the engine to send to you or Racer.

Please let me know if you are interested! Send me an email or PM through the forum with your phone #.

Last edited:

Kevin_Richey

I'm sorry, I forgot to include the price!

I had typed this message earlier in the day, including the price, which is $4,000, and then the forum made me re-log in when I tried to send it...so I had to re-type it, forgetting to include the price.

I went ahead and bought it today, thinking it will be a great sled to ride a bit while there still is a lot of snow in the mountains here, before pulling the engine for either myself or someone else.

If I keep it (the engine out of it), if no one else wants to buy it, I've always thought the Zenith STOL CH 701 would be a great kit airplane to put that Yamaha Genesis 120 hp engine in, instead of the Rotax 912/914, at about a third of the cost!

The fellow in the hangar next to mine has two of those 701s, and really enjoys flying them! He says he cruises at 80 mph, and can get up to 100 mph. I believe it is sport pilot eligible.

Last edited:

Rodney

Kevin - two things to consider: Zenith now has a 750 - which would be great for the Yamaha and I think it is wider than the 701.

Also, take a long hard look at the Kitfox SS7 - the fuselage is wider than a 172 and it has a better top end than the Zenith and the Kitfox stalls at 38 mph. I think it has more useful load too, if you go for the 1550lb license.
With vortex generators, the Kitfox will land even slower.

Either one would be great for the Yamaha.

Regards
Rodney Wren

Kevin_Richey

Thanks for the info, Rodney! Interesting to know about the two models...