Xenon N912XV Knoxville

Awesome that no one was hurt. Sorry about he loss of a nice machine. I wonder if it was turbo failure. It stalled, that I don't understand.

I think they meant the engine stalled. They way they said it fell from 500 feet is very misleading though. In the video, the pilot said his engine quit, and he didn't quite make it back to the field before clipping a power line and falling into the ditch.

Their engine stalled is what they meant I think. This engine is not a stock 914 turbo but an aftermarket Garrett turbo that requires some refitting of heads etc. Would be interesting to know why the engine quit. Unfortunately This is 3rd Xenon modified engine issue in less than 2 years I personally know about. May be time for a Lycoming for more HP.

Wow a 2016 Xenon IV. So glad no one was injured. Having owned one I can say I was confident in the structural integrity of the cabin. Thank God I never had to test it. Again, just glad no one was hurt!

David Morris

"Uncontrolled descent." Jeez. It was exactly the opposite of that. It's a pity that the popular press knows nothing about aircraft and reinforces the public's impression that an aircraft falls like a brick the moment the engine "stalls."

Unless Capt. Sullenberger is at the controls, of course.

Glad the "FFA" agents were on the scene... love the press. Maybe they were on the way to judge a show pig contest and stopped by.

magknight;n1119322 said:
Glad the "FFA" agents were on the scene... love the press. Maybe they were on the way to judge a show pig contest and stopped by.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. I was thinking the exact same thing....

The Xenon 4 that I assisted in repair of the turbo had the oil check valve installed backwards.

Update - Good news - the former N912XV has been re-built and is now up for sale in Poland