Xenon Down in South Africa

Aircraft
well many = 88 types
Total Flight Time
Thanks for the corrections.
Nice flights to all.
By the way we are planning to be this year in Sun'fun...

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Birdy, I love the way you Aussies talk. I think if I ever get around to it, I would love to go to your country and spend a month or two there.

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Raphael,
How about stopping by Bensen Days for a couple days? It's the week before Sun-n-Fun in Wachula, FL (40 miles South of Lakeland).

birdy

Aircraft
open frame single seat & a 'wasa' RAF, among other types.
Total Flight Time
7000 odd, bout 5000 gyro
Ronny ol mate, if i heard you traveled within 500 miles of my front door and never said gday, id ....................be real sad ;) :)

bones

Gold Member
Aircraft
a/c
Total Flight Time
cant remember, didnt have log books before, but since over 3000
Ronny ol mate, if i heard you traveled within 500 miles of my front door and never said gday, id ....................be real sad ;) :)
But crap Birdy that wouldnt even get him of the bitchum road thou,, do you yanks even have dirt roads over there(and i use the word dirt very loosely after traveling on that highway of yours :Cry: ) :peace: :whip:

birdy

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
7000 odd, bout 5000 gyro
Nuthn rong with the road out ere Bones, it dose well to keep the soft c0cks out.;) :wacko:

Eric62

Hey Ron,
I spent a week out at Birdy's ..... the best time I've had in 40 years , I'm going back as soon as I can...

Echo

Aircraft
well many = 88 types
Total Flight Time
To Tim,

Yes ! Never thought about that !
Well, we need now make some contact to help us there, as we'll have to be there a few days before with the machine, assemble it, fly it to make sure the trip was ok to it. Then manage rent a car, trailer, B&B...not easy. And probably contact the organisation... we know nothing about Bensen Days. Well we'll see.. but we'll be proud to be there. The Xenon i guess would make non stop demo flights...

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
You would be mad if you didn't get to Bensen Days going all that way and just down the road from S&F. I plan on being there 6-14 apl.

birdy

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
7000 odd, bout 5000 gyro
I spent a week out at Birdy's .....
Anytime Ecka:).
Not sure wot the plan is this year yet, but no dout itll be the same spontainious chaos as usual.;)

bones

Gold Member
Aircraft
a/c
Total Flight Time
cant remember, didnt have log books before, but since over 3000
I spent a week out at Birdy's .....
Anytime Ecka:).
Not sure wot the plan is this year yet, but no dout itll be the same spontainious chaos as usual.;)
:whoo: wouldnt have it any other way thou ayyyyy, still cant wait to see who the packer is this year :tape: , i'm trying to get the year sorted :phone:

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Raphael,
What dates will you arrive in the US with the Xenon? Is the Xenon being delivered to the Sun-n-Fun location? If you assembled it at Sun-n-Fun's airport you could fly it down to Wachula (40 miles ). A lot of people camp at Bensen Days. If you want to camp I'll provide a tent. Maybe we can get some other people to donate a couple sleeping bags for you. Camping will make it cheaper for you. If you want to trailer the Xenon maybe we could find someone to help with that also.

PS. The mark on the map for Bensen Days is not the exact location. Just a tag to show you what town it's in.

Attachments

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Raphael
I am trying to get some Brazilians to Bensen Days, there are lots going to Sun-N-Fun and they never heard of BD.
So, I joined a friend that owns ISA Intercambio (interchange) and we are working a package: tickets, hotel, transportation, show fees and guide
I picked up a hotel that sits midways to Lakeland and Wauchula, so far only 3 confirmed (4 with me, but call me local) .
I may include your group on the terrestrial part of the deal.
thanks
Heron

Aircraft
well many = 88 types
Total Flight Time
To :
Timchick and Heron
Very nice. We now have to get the best way to transport the Xenon.
Do you know what about my possibility to fly there ? No problems with my french license and french machine ?

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
If you got the OK to fly at S&F you should be able to fly it to BDs.
I am looking forward to seeing you and that gyro.

Aircraft
well many = 88 types
Total Flight Time
No, i don't have ok to S&F...my point of view is that my license is international as long as i fly with my own machine.