Xenon Crash in Colorado

I am so sad about this, prayers for his family. I am sorry for you too Racer.
Very sad news.

A tragic & needless loss.
Condolences to the families of the victims.
He departed doing exactly what he loved best.
May God grant them comfort during their time of mourning and thereafter.

Devastated!

Devastated!

:Cry: :Cry: :Cry: ...... Anguished tears for breakfast here!

NO - NO - NO ... NOT MARK!!!! DAMMIT!

Man & machine Mentone 2013 ROTR 2014 ...... SO generous with his intro rides ...... such a good pilot!!!

:rip:

This is JUST NOT FAIR ..... when God calls us home ... it's time ... no matter where we are & what we are doing & those left behind just rage in anguish & agony ... WHY HIM(THEM) - WHY NOW!!!!

I was hoping the recent "threesome" of gyro-fatal accidents had run it course ... & we were "in the clear" ..... OH so sick @ heart!! :Cry:

Condolences to the families ... this is just awful news!

Recon- Recon - recon ... Fly above wire height ..... scan scan scan, .... be sure where the hazards lie when you fly low!!!!

A terrible loss on SO many levels!

You'll be profoundly missed Mark!

I am so sorry. RIP and condolences.
This is now number 13 in 2 years due to flying too low if wire strike speculation is right. Guys a few hundred feet higher would have saved lives.

So sorry to hear. Condolences to the family and friends.
Fly low, only where you know!!!!

I will miss Mark a lot.

I will miss Mark a lot.

He touched so many lives in such a positive way.

Just yesterday evening I was flying into the sun over the hills from Atwater to Hollister.

Trepidation about wires and antennas kept me high.

It would have been so much nicer to use the hills to block the sun riding the updraft out of the valley.

His memory will ride with me on the way back to Santa Maria today and for many flights to come.

Rest in peace my friend, Vance

Oh- I'm in shock. Mark was so giving to anyone who knew him.

I was just getting ready to call him on the phone this morning after I read my email and the forum.

So sad.
Condolences to his family.

Rob

So Sad

So Sad

I awoke here in Grand Junction this morning to the news. Was hoping it was not yellow.

Yesterday was one of those rare days that are perfect for flying. Clear sky's, no wind. Perfect. An aviators dream day.

I have dreamed of flying the Colorado for years and have scouted Ruby Canyon, a beautiful red rock canyon only 5 miles south west of where this crash occurred for wires many many times. If only Mark would have chosen that area to fly the river. There are no wires.

My heart felt condolences to Mark, his passenger and their families.

I sat in the hangar at Rotor over the Rockies this summer and watched adults and children exit Marks Gyro with the biggest smiles on their faces.

This a great loss for the gyro community and aviation in general.

Keep flying Mark, God bless you and yours

While I didn't know Mark as well as Todd and the Chapter 38 members, I did get to know him as a dedicated ambassador for gyros and the PRA when he stepped up to be the 1st PAC chairman. He was a valued leader and it was enjoyable to work with him; his enthusiasm and dedication is a big loss for the community. It always sad when any of our community is lost but this is personal for me like the loss of Steve Weir was. This hurts.

OH no, not another GOOD FRIEND!!!
This just makes me sick... My strongest sympathies to Mark's family. This hurts and SUCKS!!!
Mark was really one of the best chairman I've seen in action... he will be so missed, and cannot be replaced.

I am praying in disbelief ... as a member of Chapter 38 ... as a former Xenon owner and a friend of Mark and Todd.

I have never met anyone that enjoyed flying more.

The love of Jesus Christ is with his soul and his family. And we can all be thankful at times like this that a sacrifice was made for all of us some 2000 years ago.

Have they said who was with him? Another member of Chapter 38, someone we know, or someone getting their first flight?

Still hard to accept.

Regrets and condolences to the family and all who knew him. Any loss to the gyro community is tragic, but losing such a strong advocate is extremely disheartening.

So so sad. I'm speechless. Mark was such an amazing person. Mark gave me my first ride in a Gyro (his xenon) that I'll never forget. He will truly be missed....

I didn't know Mark personally, except from what I knew about him in print and I am sure he was enjoying this flight every bit as much as all the others he has had.
Every time I came here and noticed a new post by "ms80831", I stopped by and read it. I must admit that I also liked his choice of a flying machine.

I will truly miss Mark's posts and videos and I hate that this terrible thing has happened to him and to his family and friends.

I believe he was one of the good ones......

Oh no, Not Mark.

Oh no, Not Mark.

Mark and I have been friends for a while and we have stayed with him and his lovely family many times.
Todd if you need to chat or down load call me.
This is a good time for all the Gyronauts to take a round turn on safety.
God bless...

Attachments

• markshook.jpg
    markshook.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0
I had never met Mark, he sounds like an incredible person and wonderful ambassador for gyros.

We are all susceptible to hitting wires and towers. The lure of flying low and fast is compelling in gyros. We must never forget that when we fly low, we are increasing the likelihood that we will have an accident.

And, as Chris said, re-con re-con re-con. Don't fly low until you know.

Condolences to Mark's family and friends.

-John

Very sad news to hear. Will be praying for his family and friends. Let's all be extra careful out there.