WWII PILOT TRAINING FILM "LEARN AND LIVE" JOE INSTRUCTOR T6 TEXAN 57174

Some interesting big studio casting there, too. Guy Kibbe (supporting actor in a zillion films in the 1930s) is St. Peter, and that has to be the legendary Mel Blanc (Bugs Bunny) as the voice of the oil temp. Liberator pilot Bob had some fame as detective Peter Gunn on TV years later (if you're not old enough to have seen the show, you might recognize its distinctive theme song).

"Joe Instructor" played Kris Kringle's doctor at the old folks home in the Christmas classic Miracle on 34th Street.

(Okay, I watch too many old movies when I'm not flying.)

P.S. loved seeing the Bell Airacobra in flight.

Last edited:
Some interesting big studio casting there, too. Guy Kibbe (supporting actor in a zillion films in the 1930s) is St. Peter, and that has to be the legendary Mel Blanc (Bugs Bunny) as the voice of the oil temp. Liberator pilot Bob had some fame as detective Peter Gunn on TV years later (if you're not old enough to have seen the show, you might recognize its distinctive theme song).

"Joe Instructor" played Kris Kringle's doctor at the old folks home in the Christmas classic Miracle on 34th Street.

(Okay, I watch too many old movies when I'm not flying.)
This and many other USAAF training films were produced by the 1st Motion Picture Unit at the former Hal Roach studios in Culver City, CA during WW2. The California State Military Museum website has an excellent written history about this unit.

Wayne