Wunderlich Prerotator bendix

Granvel Jones

Just a shout out for anyone who is willing to part with a Wunderlich prerotator bendix. Still waiting for a response from Tom Milton.
Thanks Granvel

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
I got 20 in stock. I don't know if they are Wunderlich or what the heck Wunderlich even is but I think they are the same.

They are $114.90 retail
See the picture. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

I have U joints and 6 flute splined shafts and couplers also that we machined.

Attachments

• Bendix.jpg
    Bendix.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Rambler

Banned
Aircraft
Wolverine
Total Flight Time

Attachments

• Bendix.jpg
    Bendix.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 5

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
I have one from e-bay but I don't know how you remove whatever it is holding it extended . Can anyone show us how?

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
There is a snap ring in the bottom of the cylinder.
Look close you will see it.
There is also a dowel pin hole under the cylinder.
Turn the cylinder backwards against the paul to rotate

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
I have one right here, on the one in the picture on Ebay the teeth on the over running clutch point in the wrong direction, the wunderlich unit I have has PN 480371 F8
and when held teeth away from you spins CCW to engage.

AirScooter

Scott Waggoner
Aircraft
Tandem Dominator-Zenith 701
Total Flight Time
8 minutes, 31 seconds
Just sticking this in here so that when the ebay adds are long gone, folks searching can see what the part numbers are for what Brent posted. Now I will butt out.

STARTER DRIVE FOR DELCO, CHRYSLER, AND PRESTOLITE STARTERS

Gear Teeth: 9
Gear OD: 25.4mm / 1.000in
Rotation: CW
Splines Type: Not Applicable
Inside Diameter: 12.1mm / 0.476in
Overall Length: 92.5mm / 3.642in
Application:
Prestolite MBG & MDV Series, Chrysler & Delco Starters
Reference Numbers:
Chrysler 1889938
Prestolite 59-174, 59-2, 59-4, 59-45
Delco D2019, 1952769, 1961309, 1963422
Facet Drives 478860, 478956, 478957, 479006, 480045, 480271, 480371, 480372, 480374, 480387

VERY COMMON IN CHRYSLER MARINE APPLICATIONS

eddie

RAF, turbo subaru 230hp
Aircraft
230 HP turbocharged RAF
Total Flight Time
8,000 plus
the bendix fits, JEEP 1961-1973 CJ5-6. also fits plymouth/dodge 1960-63.

Ebay is the best source.

Best regards,

Last edited:

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, CalumetAir is the best source :). There is not a Bendix drive made that will bolt up to a Wunderlich upper unit without modification.
Dick Wunderlich used to scour the country for the correct 1950's vintage, rebuilt drives. Dick modified them and had them Cad plated. I also had a very hard time finding good drives, so I now have them made for me, brand new.

There are up to 4 different Bendix drives in use for Wunderlich upper units. I have all of them in stock, in quantity (by popularity), for immediate shipment.

There are also 2 different Bendix pinion gear (9 tooth gear on top) inside diameters. The stock ID is wrong for most applications. Dick used to anneal the rebuilt drive pinions, bore them out and heat treat them back to the proper hardness. Not work for the amateur.

I get pinion gears made with each size.

If your rotor turns clockwise (as viewed from below) there are 2 possible Bendix drives based on engine rotation. If your rotor turns CCW, there may also be two different units.
I charge around $75.00 for the most popular Bendix, ready to install.

Valentines Day, it will have been 9 years since Mr Wunderlich passed away.

I am filling a 5 gallon pail with 25 ring gears and 25 Bendix drives for shipment to Spain as I type.

Sorry I did not get a message from you, Granvel. I have been bedridden for the last week.

Last edited:

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
Hope you are feeling better Tom.

eddie

RAF, turbo subaru 230hp
Aircraft
230 HP turbocharged RAF
Total Flight Time
8,000 plus
I think that most pilots on this forum support you tom,I have bought two bendixs

from you and a flexible shaft,I for one appreciate you being in businesss for us,thanks.

Best regards,

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Joe, Yes, I am doing better. I think this was my 5th bout with cellulitis in 25 years. It all started at Bensen Days,(Cross City?) in a swamp. If caught early, antibiotics turn it around. Still hurts a lot, and will, until the infection is all gone.

Eddie, I know I am among friends here. :) I appreciate every one of my customers (except the guy in New England and one in the UK who flat out screwed me and admitted they were not going to pay). The rest of you are "OK"

Gyro Tom

Aircraft
Dominator 503
Total Flight Time
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, CalumetAir is the best source :). There is not a Bendix drive made that will bolt up to a Wunderlich upper unit without modification.
Dick Wunderlich used to scour the country for the correct 1950's vintage, rebuilt drives. Dick modified them and had them Cad plated. I also had a very hard time finding good drives, so I now have them made for me, brand new.

There are up to 4 different Bendix drives in use for Wunderlich upper units. I have all of them in stock, in quantity (by popularity), for immediate shipment.

There are also 2 different Bendix pinion gear (9 tooth gear on top) inside diameters. The stock ID is wrong for most applications. Dick used to anneal the rebuilt drive pinions, bore them out and heat treat them back to the proper hardness. Not work for the amateur.

I get pinion gears made with each size.

If your rotor turns clockwise (as viewed from below) there are 2 possible Bendix drives based on engine rotation. If your rotor turns CCW, there may also be two different units.
I charge around $75.00 for the most popular Bendix, ready to install.

Valentines Day, it will have been 9 years since Mr Wunderlich passed away.

I am filling a 5 gallon pail with 25 ring gears and 25 Bendix drives for shipment to Spain as I type.

Sorry I did not get a message from you, Granvel. I have been bedridden for the last week.

Would your 9 tooth gear fix this problem about not messing correctly? I am using a standard 9 tooth Bendix...
The like below shows the gear hitting. I have moved the gear close and back away with the same results...

Tom

Last edited:

DonBishop

Aircraft
Mooney M20J
Total Flight Time
1200 hours
Joe, Yes, I am doing better. I think this was my 5th bout with cellulitis in 25 years. It all started at Bensen Days,(Cross City?) in a swamp. If caught early, antibiotics turn it around. Still hurts a lot, and will, until the infection is all gone.

Eddie, I know I am among friends here. :) I appreciate every one of my customers (except the guy in New England and one in the UK who flat out screwed me and admitted they were not going to pay). The rest of you are "OK"
Cellulitis? Had a bout of that myself once. My elbow grew a chin. Actually, it was more like a turkey's waddle. Anyway ... no fun, that is for sure! I hope you recover fully. Sincere best wishes.