Wrens!!

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
The Barnstormers had such a great event, there is now, quite a buzz in Florida about the Wrens Fly In. In addition to what the Zephyr Hills and Wauchula boys might put together I think I will have 3 or maybe 4 leaving from my field. So what we need to firm this all up is a date.

Joe,

I have been trying to get that date. No luck yet. With lots of participation from you Florida guys, we can make this years Wrens the best yet. I believe we had 28 gyros last year, so we should shoot for a minimum of 35 gyros this year.

The main date for the Wrens Fall Fly-in is Saturday, September 15, 2018. Of course many will come earlier in the week, perhaps Thursday, Friday, September 13-14 or even earlier.
John

So the dates PRA advertise is Sep 13 - 15th?? Or earlier starting date?

All_In, you wrote "So the dates PRA advertise is Sep 13 - 15th?? Or earlier starting date?"

As I wrote above, "The main date for the Wrens Fall Fly-in is Saturday, September 15, 2018." and "Thursday, Friday, September 13-14 or even earlier" include the PRA advertised dates of Sep 13 -15th. Very often others come in as early as Monday of the fly-in week -- see any current and old forum links to the past 10+ years. Those are not advertised dates for all the gyro and non-gyro people, the people just come early. The official date of the fly-in is September 15 -- that Saturday date is mainly advertised for the fixed wing people who usually come for just one day or for those who want to pick just one day to come.
John

Last edited:
No Title

Bump.......Wrens is coming up soon!!
Looks like it's gonna be a good one again!
Start packing your bags......fuel up the gyros......and "Git r Done".

Attachments

• photo130501.jpg
    photo130501.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
it's only a month awa_a_a_a_a_a_ay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a new customer, some of you might know him and/or his dad. I am dang sure gonna drag his butt over to Wrens with me. Ever heard of Scott McNeil? He's only about 30 miles east of me here in Columbia, SC, and we are going to try to get Maxie Wilde to come too. Scott was with Max just the other day. Scott dropped by my house Wed to check out some stuff, he is going to have me put a Yamaha on his Sport Copter, his engine is already in shipping. We are going to do the first ever 165HP 2011 APEX engine, with the EXUP valve (variable exhaust control valve) included! I am geeked. So geeked. Another Yamaha gyrocopter first. GYROCOPTERS RULE THE WORLD! and if ya dont' believe me, just ask the postman delivering mail to congressmen in WDC, flying around the Washington monument and BARNSTORMING the National Mall!!! HahA! :wacko::biggrin: rotorotorotorotorotorotorotorotor....

I was on Facebook and a notice flashed up the Wrens event page was removed...anything going on?

Joe Pires;n1137138 said:
I was on Facebook and a notice flashed up the Wrens event page was removed...anything going on?

Joe, I created an event page, but, decided to take it down after about 5 minutes since the event is really owned by EAA 172.

Our misfit squadron will include, Me, Jeff Wilde in an MTO, Dan Shaw in a Cub, Jay Barnett in an Aircam, Also coming from our field is Rocky and maybe Ed Lemoine in a Piper Cherokee. A friend and newly hooked gyro enthusiast Nick Cullison is probably coming up in his Aeropract, Scott Lewis while not flying with us says he is coming in his Cessna 182. I heard a rumor that Loftus might be making the trip in his Aircam, I have extended an invite for him to join us but have not yet heard, and maybe Gabor might be along for ballast. Now lets hope we have weather that makes this possible.

I know Greg Spicola is coming, but I am not sure who is in his entourage.

Question...is there any hangar space available for those of us with open aircraft? More importantly for me.

Now it will be Funny if the Florida folks out number the PeachState group :eek:

Joe Pires;n1137426 said:
Question...is there any hangar space available for those of us with open aircraft? More importantly for me.

There should be some hangar space in which to park aircraft overnight -- of course, first come, first served!
John Magnan, Wrens

Dang! Sounds like half of Florida is coming to Wrens!!

There goes the neighborhood!!

Yep, the extended forecast is looking like we might be able to fly from 4A4, Cedartown, GA to Wrens!!!

Ahhhh, the sound of Yamaha power filling the skies will be warmly welcomed :)