Wrens Fall Fly-in - Oct 24-26th - Georgia/Carolina CHALLENGE... #4!

And some more...

Attachments

• IMG_4416sm.JPG
    IMG_4416sm.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4418sm.JPG
    IMG_4418sm.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4414sm.JPG
    IMG_4414sm.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4419sm.JPG
    IMG_4419sm.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4413sm.JPG
    IMG_4413sm.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 0
I heard that Barry called the Fall Wing Ding together in a desperate attempt to regain this trophy, as he could see for some time that the Georgia Mafia would stomp the Wrens Classic, hands down. Yo, Dawg! Yo mamma!

Now, Barry would never plan it that way......:D

I had a chance to check out Gregs yamaha installation, it is a very clean installation of the engine. I like it.

Hey Gary......thanks for breakfast on Saturday. You nut!!

Oh yes, the challenge is on.....BarnStormer Fall Wing Ding....November 14-16.

Anson County Airport (KAFP) Wadesboro, NC

Hello John R.

Your right about the smile...

There's a Cajun song called "Strokin by Clarence Carter"

Well I was smokin to the west and I was smokin to the east in the Gyro I love
Best when my smoker quit .... S##t happens ... What an awesome summer.... ;-D
Hi Bro,
You are living my dream... I'll join you next year!!!:noidea:
Desmon is up to flying over the Keys in the spring or summer... are you in?

Rusty, can you make it to barrys fly-in next month? I'll be there pending it isn't raining and yucky outside

Thanks for posting the pictures ! It's was a fun weekend and some of us even seen the
Elusive Getut !

Pretty sure I have to work that weekend. I'll double check the schedule tomorrow. My old red Stinson worked pretty good getting me back and forth to Wrens. Wish you could have made it Ron.

Looking forward to Barry's fly-in in 3 weeks...

The challenge is ON... Georgia is gonna keep the trophy... <grin>

John R (All in)... do you think you may make it over for this fly-in? If you can get to Charlotte, I suspect someone could pick you up and bring you to Anson Cty field.

GA (me) is proposing a new rule: Each person counts as one point... and each gyro (NOT BASED AT THE FIELD) counts as one point.
Thoughts?

I was really proud of the turnout this weekend. In my short time of going to Wrens, it was the best I have seen. I hope we keep the upward trend going for next time.

I think we should keep track of gyros and people at the events and post them after the event and then again before the next one and challenge everyone to beat the old numbers by showing up with gyro in tow.

Mark Linn did an excellent job in promoting the event. Thank you to the "Promoter".

Gerald did an excellent job capturing the event on "film". The footage looking down on Gregs red rotors in flight was awesome. Thank you "Cameraman"

John Magnan did an excellent job getting the facility ready for everyone and of course enforcing the rules while it was in full swing. Thank you John.

Sid Brown cooked some mouth watering barbeque. Man that stuff was good. Sid also tried to keep John M. from handing out so many citations:lol:, but John sticks to the rules. Thanks Sid, hope to see you at Barrys.

We had Gyro bee in attendance. Dana Linn flew in with his zenith 601. I had never seen a manufacturer at Wrens.

Some of the seasoned gyro folks were there. Ron Iaconis, Rusty Nance, Dan Leslie and more. Sorry if I murdered those spellings.

I hope we can have and active CFI in attendance at the next Wrens. That would be great. There were plenty of folks wanting rides and I am sure some went away without them.

Kent, Greg and Barry gave quite a few rides. Lots of permagrin on faces afterwards.

I hope the Barnstormers gets two new members out of the Wrens event. Chris and Fred, from Jefferson SC are only about thirty miles from Anson County airport, home of the Carolina Barnstormers. It was great to meet them and hear the enthusiasm in their voices. I think they will be flying again soon.

Let's make Wrens back into what is used to be........ Even though Peachstate killed the Barnstormers in attendance numbers, it was a blast. I should have done a "handing over the plaque speech" but I am just not a public speaker. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
More Wrens

More Wrens

More Wrens
20141024_171345_resized.jpg

Early morning in the Hangar.
hanger1.jpg hanger2.jpg hanger3.jpg

Wrens

Wrens

Sorry but I can only do 4 pics at a time!

IMG_0355.jpg IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg IMG_0358.jpg

Wrens

Wrens

Who took all the photos? what were they thinking?

IMG_0369.jpg IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg IMG_0376.JPG

Wrens

Wrens

Who are these people and why are they in my photos?

IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0381.jpg

Wrens

Wrens

Now I have had about enough of this!

20141024_171137_resized_1.jpg IMG_0360.JPGjphnpipe.jpg

lets eat.jpg

Wrens

Wrens

At Last. . we are done! If you click on the photo, it should expand to full size. use the slider bar at the bottom of your browser to see the entire panorama.

panorama.jpg

Thanks to all who came. My little Hummel Ultracruiser enjoyed seeing every one again.