Wrens Fall Fly-in - A Georgia/Carolina CHALLENGE!

NetPilot

Tryin' to Re-Member
Aircraft
2016 Rotax 503 "Jake-inator" (i.e. Gyro Jake's 2016 creation)
Total Flight Time
300+
Wrens Fall Fly-in is October 25th and 26th! Wrens Airport, Georgia.

OK,

I am throwing down the gauntlet! I'd like to propose a (friendly) challenge...

Wrens Fall Fly-in was formerly known as Rotors Over Carolina (ROC) and when I first attended Wrens in 2008 I met a good number of Chapter 13 Carolina guys (Barry, Ron, Robert, etc. etc. etc.) The next year, I went to ROC at Goose Creek. Since then, (other than Barry) I dare say that the Carolina guys have been scarce at Wrens?!? Ooops! Did I say that? :boink:

At this year's event, it seems that PeachState Chapter 56 will have good representation.

Barry, Ron, and Cap'n Gator (Wayne) have already said they are trying to be there: http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38429&highlight=wrens

I hereby challenge the rest of you Carolina guys to come on out!! Can you outnumber the Chapter 56 (GA) guys???

Who's gonna be there!!

Tennessee, Florida, and Alabama guys come on up/down/over too!! :whip:

-Mark

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing you again Scott.

Rodney (Boots) you gonna be there?

Mark

It will be good to see Mark and all the others at Wrens!

Yep I'll be there .

Looking forward to meeting you Rodney. I hope you'll bring your GyroBee. We've got a couple of new guys who are thinking really hard about going that route. I am going to try to get them both to come along.

It will be good to see Mark and all the others at Wrens!

Harold - Gonna be great to see you again too. It's been too long, especially since I missed last year's Fall Fly-in.

-Mark

Ill be there, weather depending of course in my tri pacer on that saturday.

Who else?

Who else?

Thanks Ron. Looks like we have have the makings of a get-together.

So far, it looks like Barry, Ron, Wayne, Scott, and Rodney are planning to be there.

What about you other Carolina guys?

Robert K. (getut) - you and your family have Wrens on your calendar?

Jonathan (automan1223) - how about you? We could use more flying gyros...

Chris (cbonnerup) and James (JAverette) - Saw you guys were interested in starting a NC Chapter with Cap'n Gator. You all planning on coming to Wrens?

Don't know if the Bee will make it .. Have a couple small things left to do to it and just can't seem to getter done ... :)

Add me to the list Mark, if the weather is decent.

Don't know if the Bee will make it .. Have a couple small things left to do to it and just can't seem to getter done ... :)

Lots of guys bring gyros that aren't ready to fly. Bring it along for Show and Tell, we really want to see it.

Chris (cbonnerup) - Saw you guys were interested in starting a NC Chapter with Cap'n Gator. You all planning on coming to Wrens?

As always it seems; I will make it if I can - last minute thing unfortunately.

Hopefully I can make it Sat by noon.

Chris

Wrens Fly-in

Wrens Fly-in

Unfortunately, there has been a change in my training schedule with CFI-Chris Lord. Chris will be arriving in NC late Friday the 25th of Oct. We will be attending a fly-in at my home base in Goldsboro on Saturday 26th. Unless I can talk him into flying the Calidus down to Wrens on Saturday and providing some of my training on the way.............I like the idea but I will leave it up to Chris. Getting in my training while he is here for two weeks is my top priority. I'll let you know.....

Capt'n Gator.......out.....

Unfortunately, there has been a change in my training schedule with CFI-Chris Lord. Chris will be arriving in NC late Friday the 25th of Oct. We will be attending a fly-in at my home base in Goldsboro on Saturday 26th. Unless I can talk him into flying the Calidus down to Wrens on Saturday and providing some of my training on the way.............I like the idea but I will leave it up to Chris. Getting in my training while he is here for two weeks is my top priority. I'll let you know.....

Now THAT would really be COOL!

How far (nautical miles) is it from your base to Wrens?

We will be attending a fly-in at my home base in Goldsboro on Saturday 26th. Unless I can talk him into flying the Calidus down to Wrens on Saturday and providing some of my training on the way.............

Wayne, hope you are able to make it to Wrens. Just point the machine in that direction and tell Chris that you are in charge. Hope to see you both there.