Wrens CHALLENGE 2018 - Sep 15 - Carolina and FLA vs. GA!!

I think I heard that "Barn-stormer" means "Benevolent Benefactor" in South Eastern Slovenian... Or was that Westfjords Icelandic? Anyway, just sayin...

I am flying in, however, Jon is bringing my truck and trailer. I would like to have the spot next to the trees on the corner of the tarmac and will need electricity like I had 2 years ago. I plan on camping in my trailer.

I read on FB that Mike and Ernie are both planning to attend.

Yessir! posted that on the Tally last week after Joe mentioned it (a bit more cryptically) in post #10.

Wrens is gonna be hoppin!

I am hoping the Wren's challenge does not include flying through the outer bands of a hurricane. We're watching very closely and keeping our fingers crossed.

It'll be a nice tailwind for me! :)

Looking like great weather for a fly in! Woo Hoo!!

wrens2018weather.JPG

We will have at least one HELICOPTER at the Fly-in!

I heard from Liviu M. that he will be returning from his home base in Jackson County GEORGIA in his Cicare CH-7 helo.

That's one more for the Georgia team!

Here is a picture of Liviu and the CH-7 from last year:

liviu_cicare.JPG

All_In;n1137583 said:
PRA will send out another bath email invitation tonight.

...and I still don't get any emails from PRA...

Hey folks, I checked with Nandi S., Vice President of EAA 172 (our primary host for this weekend) and he confirmed that Wrens Fly-in is 100% ON as planned and that any (weather related) rumors to the contrary are false.

See you all this weekend!

Mark

Piot135pd;n1138031 said:
...and I still don't get any emails from PRA...

Hey Carlos,

You going to Fly your MTO over from Texas? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :welcome:

:( sorry to have to miss it. The rain chances on Sunday along our route are higher than we can deal with and we have to be back on Monday.

Now Joe.... you know you can always trailer !! Besides the rain cleans the bugs off ! :)

Wrens Fly-in 2018 on September 15, 2018 is still ON!

Allen Nodorft, president of EAA 172, which is responsible for the Wrens Fly-in, just sent the following e-mail. Even with hurricane Florence hitting the North & South Carolina coasts the WRENS FLY-IN IS STILL ON!
John

------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Wrens Fly-in
Date: Sep 12, 2018 10:02 PM

I have been getting a lot of questions about if we will go ahead with Wrens Fly-in. At this time the weather looks favorable with possibly above normal winds. We will continue as folks from neighboring states have already committed to come. Please support and come out for a good time.
Regards,

Al

We're here....weather is perfect......and there's lots of flying going on

Barry and JC are right!!! Wrens Challenge is ON, and blades have been poppin'!!

We have at least 8 gyros here already and about twice as many gyro heads, and the number is growing.

Yesterday evening there was no wind and the flying was glorious.

This morning there were slowly increasing winds straight down the runway that yes, made hovering oh-so-easy. Hey... hovering is hovering isn't it.?

Folks... the Wrens weather forecast has changed very little for the last 3 days, and there is pretty much zero chance of rain until Sunday. Yes... there is some wind, but who cares when you have a great gathering of gyros and gyro-heads!

Come on out! Don't let the news network hype deter you. Just keep a close eye on the local weather forecasts. Wrens forecast is below.

P.S. - Sorry the FLA guys couldn't fly up. In this case, I'd do the same thing. See you next month at Barrys.

Wrens_weather2.JPG

OK folks... stop the presses... After getting back from a nice brunch at Wrens Huddle House, where I typed that last message, I learned that the CAROLINA Barnstormers... being CAROLINA Barnstormers that they are... have changed their departure schedule. They are currently packing up, and will be leaving later this afternoon. What is it with these Carolina guys?!? Geeesh!

Some of us GEORGIA folks will be staying here and leaving tomorrow, probably mid-day.

So, we are still having fun. Scott Essex is flying now. But if you are planning on coming out on Saturday, there may just be a handful of us left here.

If you are coming out, it will be great to see you, but just wanted to let you know what you'll be driving into.

Until next time,

M