Wrens CHALLENGE 2017 - Sep 15-17 - GA AND Carolina vs. the WORLD!!

Well, I've been pondering wether to go this year or not. I sold the Bensen and my new project (not a gyro) will not be in any condition to show off. Been busy in the shop and thought I may not go.

Then I read somewhere that Barry was going to be sporting 70's gym wear all weekend. That consists of what? shorty shorts and a tank top? He may be Wrens most handsome pilot and all but come on, nobody needs to see that. Thought to myself no way am I going now.

BUT...now I see Barry's Radial Rocket will be there. Now that's something I just can't miss. Count me in and chalk another one up for Tennessee.

OH, and Mark, on personal and slight more serious note, I saw the video of you first trip around the pattern. Congratulations.

OK EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO GO THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG
if you can, watch this video on your flat screen TV

Ok here is another one the Wrens fly-in will be super
MAKE WRENS GREAT AGAIN

Here is a cool Tango gyro being flown by Mr. Jon Carleton of peach State gyro club

Again, we welcome you all to the Wrens Memorial Airport for the 2017 Wrens Fall Fly-in.
A correction to the main thread title -- the fly-in ends on September 16. Everyone is leaving that evening or on the morning of Sunday, September 17.

You can read about the airport by clicking on Wrens . On that page you can see a photo of the airport ( or see it HERE ).

Note that we finally do have a windsock that works more or less, at least at mid-field. Also, for those spare parts you always need, an O'Reilly auto parts store is opening in Wrens on Highway U.S. 1. Its Grand Opening should be this month (August).

Also, you are welcome to come earlier in the week. Please let me know so someone can be there to open the lounge.
See you in September!

John

Last edited:
shootthrees;n1123102 said:
Party? Being Scottish, that requires a Kilt that I shall wear while in the air!
Oh My... A little drafty?

No Title

I may try flying in the Kilt in the morning, my pilot fairing may keep the draft down.

Attachments

• photo128192.jpg
    photo128192.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 0
What! Black Tartan!??! Ye ancient ones ere prolly rollin' in der graves dey ere!! Prolly wanna kick ye in der arse!

Shouldn't ya be werin' somthin' lok dis LADdie?!!

Duncan_mod_big.jpg

Folks,

You may have noticed that Bear Perkins will be returning this year with Powered Parachute in tow. It's pretty darn cool to have a vendor like Bear on the field for this event!

However, unlike some years past, Bear will not be bringing the shop with him.

BUT... He is very much ready to bring along with him ANYTHING that you want to buy, test, or check-out from his catalog: http://www.bearperkins.com/accessories.htm

...Like that radio and PPT setup that you wanted to test. Or... anything else... he can bring it.

BUT, you have to call or email him first to let him know.

So, now is your opportunity to get Bear to bring anything in his catalog and save on shipping and hassle.

Contact him at:

(706) 757-3435
[email protected]
http://www.bearperkins.com/accessories.htm

NetPilot;n1123193 said:
What! Black Tartan!??! Ye ancient ones ere prolly rollin' in der graves dey ere!! Prolly wanna kick ye in der arse!

Shouldn't ya be werin' somthin' lok dis LADdie?!!

Yep, that is the Modern Duncan Plaid. However, I have not at this time opted to pay the very dear price for entire traditional outfit, that is well over a $1K. It is in the plans, though.

Wow! That'll buy a nice prop, several nice instruments, or a set of used blades! Looks like you have your priorities straight! Ha Ha :wink:

Hey... Phil R. may be bringing not only a new batch of T-shirts for Wrens 2017, but also the top secret gyro project that he has in the RuffinWerks. Right now he's sayin' he plans to bring it only if its flying... But that's no good!

Please reach out to Phil and 'gently coax' him to bring it... flying or not! :boink:

Rremember Kermit? If he does bring this gyro, it will be the first time in about a decade that Phil will have a gyro in tow... Woo Hoo Phil! Inquiring minds want know what you've been working on! :noidea:

M

Way to go Phil. Bring it on out, get our numbers up.:smile:

Last edited:
Last year Barry Kropelin hooked me up with an A&P at Wrens for my machines annual inspection. Will he be there again this year or is there another A&P going to be present that can help me out?